hedgerow hero's & forgotten friends

MJB1

A superb find there  MJB, well done and keep up the good work.

thanks mate

Great find Marcus, fascinating collection of relics.

Is scrap making decent money again ? If so this lot will be gone soon i suppose.

I bet there's one or two bits on that 4000 I could do with  :laugh:

brilliant when i go to farms like this mark , although it was sometimes difficult to see what was past the sell by date & what was still useable  :-\

i think he's cleared the best of it , although when i asked if i could go look see with my camera , he did ask if i was working undercover for DEFRA  ;D

i think the best of the 4000 has been taken , as there was a pallet of ford related bits next to it  :(

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is good for us convertors/scratch builders as well get to see the structure of

how things are underneath the cladding all the workings etc real good finds marcus

p.s no old standen cyclones on ur travels at all mate he he he  ;) ;) :D

p.s no old standen cyclones on your travels at all mate he he he  ;) ;) :D

we saw one on the way back from spalding, on the crowlands road, along with a mf 500 combine all sheeted topside clearly both are still used, couldnt see the power plant mind bit to far away, but it was a cyclone

love this topic :D

not bad is it , surprising what we see out & about  :)

My bad English. The question wasn't directed at you, just annoyance at the waste of decent gear.  :-[

know what you mean john , but whats left will be used for parts , the mowers for example he has quite a few of them , & it's the cutting bed that takes the brunt of the punishment i believe , he also has quite a comprehensive range of wheels & tyres  ;D 

Army one was also from the same era but was known as or also known as the MK. In them days there were numerous variants of commercial trucks for different applications. British trucks were sent around the world and the same truck could carry a different model number for export even if it was the same truck here. Those built under licence could again be clled something entirely different!

The old Bedford remindes me of working on one when I was just starting my aprentiship in 1991/2 so it was very old then, i remeber doing something through the flap behind the cab door as you could not tip the cab, cut my arm to ribbons on the rotten and rusty cab. :'(  ::)

lovely pics mark , it wasn't that long ago a milk collection KM was still running !viridor also used one right up to the early 2000's that was fitted with 4wd on septic tank duties , as for TK used to see loads but the one that sticks in my mind belonged to a hay & straw merchant who had a chinese six :)

like the kidd klipper , like everything else about Kidd machinery , really good kit if you could keep them going  :-\

well i suppose this should really be in what did you do today /yesterday , but this is the flip side to watching a machine rot away into obscurity,destined to be hedgebound never to be seen again  :(

my partners dad has had a cambridge roller in the hedge for a few years now , but the hedgetrimmer clipped it & broke the casting years back so we decided to drag it out to see wether it was worth repairing

1642010sraprollerSmall.jpg

1642010sraproller1Small.jpg

after further inspection it was decided that we had just the tool for the job

1642010sraproller2Small.jpg

& so it looks like this now

1642010sraproller3Small.jpg

we'll take this to the scrap yard later in the week & the procedes will go toward some much needed post & rails

lovely pictures mark , it wasn't that long ago a milk collection KM was still running !viridor also used one right up to the early 2000's that was fitted with 4wd on septic tank duties , as for TK used to see loads but the one that sticks in my mind belonged to a hay & straw merchant who had a chinese six :)

like the kidd klipper , like everything else about Kidd machinery , really good kit if you could keep them going  :-\

Thanks Marcus, I saw them and thought of your topic  :D

I remember riding in a farm owned TK when i was a lad. I seem to remember it being very slow and gutless  :)

I guess the reason for 3 mowers here, was 1 used and 2 for spares.

well i suppose this should really be in what did you do today /yesterday , but this is the flip side to watching a machine rot away into obscurity,destined to be hedgebound never to be seen again  :(

my partners dad has had a cambridge roller in the hedge for a few years now , but the hedgetrimmer clipped it & broke the casting years back so we decided to drag it out to see wether it was worth rwe'll take this to the scrap yard later in the week & the procedes will go toward some much needed post & rails

Shame about being damaged, would have been a nice implement for you - not so easy to transport to a rally though.

Were the rings loose fit on the shaft ?

Is scrap making decent money again ??

Shame about being damaged, would have been a nice implement for you - not so easy to transport to a rally though.

Were the rings loose fit on the shaft ?

Is scrap making decent money again ??

took 2 quotes mate  ;D

no the ends were well worn & very slack , although no sign of it , i think it was a ring missing anyway. even with the broken cast end i couldnt repair it , you could take the angle & bend it as easy as you would snap a small branch with your knee  :(  i think scrap is up at the moment

bill really doesn't need a roller as none of the fields go for hay

Archived