NORTH EAST OF SCOTLAND COMMECIAL VEHICLE ROAD RUN 31 MAY 2009

BC

Nice pics Bill, thanks for sharing :)

One of my mates is supposed to be the driver for that Colin Lawson Volvo F10, I can't tell by the pics if he's driving it on the run or not. He was very excited about it when told he was going to be its driver when it went on the road :)

blimey that aec recovery truck is the same as the one plymouth city bus uses for their recovery of busses down here, didnt realise thye were that old as its on a private plate

Oh it broke down too overheating or fuel shortage I think.

Nice pictures Bill, thanks for sharing :)

One of my mates is supposed to be the driver for that Colin Lawson Volvo F10, I can't tell by the pictures if he's driving it on the run or not. He was very excited about it when told he was going to be its driver when it went on the road :)

Small world isnt it Brian

Nice pictures bill as usual.

Good to see the MacWilliam lorries. They still use that ERF for coal delivery.

Whose was the Foden with Silver Fox on the front have seen that one somewhere before?

Not too sure Rob but I will enquire ;)

Nice pictures bill as usual.

Good to see the MacWilliam lorries. They still use that ERF for coal delivery.

Whose was the Foden with Silver Fox on the front have seen that one somewhere before?

The McWilliam T reg Volvo was second last in the run before we got to the Lecht Rob and she was belching out the black reek prior to even hitting the Lecht. I decided it was time to get in front of at just at the start of the Lecht which is quite a pull  ;) ;)

I thought that may have been your uncle Graham driving that one and I think I overtook you on the steep part of the Lecht since you were all at snails pace ;) ;)

When I stopped at Grantown on Spey I did not have time to wander around much since I got way laid chatting to folk. Was that Alex Steel I saw driving the lorry when you left Grantown on Spey ??? ??? I was at the leisure centre taking photos just after the video man at the top of the road you turned into.

Did you stop off at Thompson's of Sauchen for yuour tea on the wayt home ??? ???... I was rather late in arriving by the time we picked up the second breakdown.

Yes that was alex steele driving and it was a steep hill !! :D :D Did you not see me sitting in the middle of the lorry  ;D And yes we stopped off at thomsons for stovies  :D

Bravo!! Brilliant topic, Bill. Really liked looking through all those photo's mate. I was thoroughly impressed with the artics complete with period and matching trailers. Must be some serious time and effort put into these. I see they do make for excellent living accomadation though, posh job. Quite a good idea to do it with a container, should he ever seel the outfit he need only ensure his next has a skeletal trailer to take on his mess room!

Bravo!! Brilliant topic, Bill. Really liked looking through all those photo's mate. I was thoroughly impressed with the artics complete with period and matching trailers. Must be some serious time and effort put into these. I see they do make for excellent living accomadation though, posh job. Quite a good idea to do it with a container, should he ever seel the outfit he need only ensure his next has a skeletal trailer to take on his mess room!

You would have enjoyed watching that run Tris I'm sure ;)

Not too sure Rob but I will enquire ;)

I spoke to a chap who was on the run on Sunday Rob when I was at Fraserburgh and he said he thought it belonged to someone in the Huntly area so maybe you have seen it around there. He couldn't remember the name of owner :(

Whats that Daneil stewart lorry an f88 or 89

Off hand I can't tell Blue man but I will ask and find out. I know the fridge van was designed and built by James Gray of Gray & Adams the fridge van manufacturers at Fraserburgh. James is the one on the run with the nicely restored Gibbs of Fraserburgh unit. He is currently building a fridge van for it too.

another set of great pics some classics there ,remember gibbs running the erf s they used a lorry park in faversham just of m2 in kent for nights out use t to see them in there and there  early scanias happy memorys ,also bought a stewart lorry from corgi for my dad one year i think it was aec unit but same trailer as your pic bill , lovely pics to look over bill ;)