The Weather in General

Udimore

best one i have ever seen phil was when i was on a cruise , in the middle of the black sea. fork lightning all around the ship. the sky  was as black as your hat so it really lit the sky up. :o :o :o

Dear God, number 2 is far worse than number 1.

Best ever storm of my life was August 1985, its one of the most vivid memories of my childhood- I was 6 at the time.

It was a very hot and humid morning and by 2pm you could see the sky turning pitch black, even before it closed in  i knew it was going to be bad because my mum never usually one to bat an eyelid during a storm looked nervous and was a bit panicky, closing all the blinds etc- she'd seen one like his before.

Then it closed in lightning like I've never seen since and unbelable rain, the farm track was running like a river and every time there was a lightning flash the phone would ring for a second or two - then our house was hit, everything went white. Our TV blew up and we lost the phone and our electricty. :o

We later found out from the Hydro and Phone engineers that just about every house within a mile of us had been struck that afternoon and the phone ringing was because of the surge on the phone lines when the lightning hit a house.

MY grandparents had a luck escape, they were out for the day but they would have been killed if they had been home. The bolt that hit their house was so powerful it blew every socket from the wall.

What an afternoon though. ;D ;D ;D

very very warm here!!, so warm i couldnt cut the grass so the missus did it while i watched David Beckham resign his captains armband :( :( :'( :):D....mixed emotions there ::)

best one i have ever seen phil was when i was on a cruise , in the middle of the black sea. fork lightning all around the ship. the sky  was as black as your hat so it really lit the sky up. :o :o :o

can imagine mate,saw one when we were at venice one year,out over the med while we were coming back along the lagoon at 11ish at night,was a hell of a sight,but far enough away for us to have no rain