*Silver* Massey Ferguson 6290

Powerstarâ„¢

Been meaning to post this picture for a while, problem is finding it amongst all my photos proved a challenge. Finally I dug it out but instead of scanning it on I took a picture of the picture with my phone. It was seen on a low loader in a truckstop in France in 2000, February I believe it was, Any one seen or know any information on this model  ???

When AGCO bought MF they quickly adopted a common platform policy for the different brands they owned. On the assembly line in Beauvais they built the 6200 series in

red - MF brand

orange - AGCO Allis brand  (for the USA)

silver - White brand (for the USA)

blue - Iseki (for Japan)

Coventry also built the 4000 series in the same variants.

The White brand has now been dropped I think, and now you can only get the orange AGCO brand for the USA (the Allis has been dropped too). I have some brochures somewhere I can scan and post, if you want.

I'm guessing the tractor in the photo is a White being transported from the factory?

When AGCO bought MF they quickly adopted a common platform policy for the different brands they owned. On the assembly line in Beauvais they built the 6200 series in

red - MF brand

orange - AGCO Allis brand? (for the USA)

silver - White brand (for the USA)

blue - Iseki (for Japan)

Coventry also built the 4000 series in the same variants.

The White brand has now been dropped I think, and now you can only get the orange AGCO brand for the USA (the Allis has been dropped too). I have some brochures somewhere I can scan and post, if you want.

I'm guessing the tractor in the photo is a White being transported from the factory?

the silver ones i saw were supplied by a local company(mst) as all the eden gear is,so not sure why they would have us versions for sale down here

the colour white was used alot for japan i think ,i got some photo's of some white 300 series tactors at tilbury docks for export heading for japan rows & rows of them , i once also saw some 200 series tractors for the United Emerates (arabs) at the royal show years ago :)

the silver ones i saw were supplied by a local company(mst) as all the eden gear is,so not sure why they would have us versions for sale down here

Even though it still says Massey Ferguson on it, it's still a White?

I think you're right Powerstar, if they're badged MF then they are a special order from the dealer.

The ones badged White are for the US market, made on the same assembly line. The MF brand was not very strong in the US, White and AGCO Allis had their own followers, so you could sell the same machine to a wider audience.

Forgot to mention that a Cummins engine was fitted to the Allis version instead of a Perkins, can't remember what was in the White.

The deal with Iseki was a marketing agreement, Iseki build the small garden tractors badged as MF and AGCO supply a medium hp tractor badged as Iseki.

cheers gps,makes me wonder why they would order us spec tractors,when everything else is uk spec,and the same tractor could be bought in uk spec to,i'm ment to be going down there in the new year for one of her works do's so will get a pic of them,sure they were 46**'s deff not any bigger

thats what i though,every thing else is standard mf,and like i say the tractors are marked mf ,just silver,i know they have other normal fergys there to,they are still down there,as i saw the pics my nan took on thurs while she was there,but being old no digi ones so will get some

Most manufacturers will produce tractors in a different colour, if the order is large enough, such as yellow for councils, green for the army, etc.

I guess if someone wanted silver MF's it's quite easy for the factory to do, as they're already painting silver for the US White version. Probably charge a premium, though, rather than a special deal ;) ;)

Just remembered, you can also get the same tractors painted CAT yellow, and sold as Challenger (again US)!! These all have the Perkins engine due to the CAT ownership of Perkins. Again another way to sell the same machine to a wider audience.