New manufacturer - Imber Models - Ford 5640

Barry

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last range to carry the ford name but used a lot of fiat technology

Exactly right nick. The last good tractor series they made before fiat done too much. The same happened to case in 99 when the last good tractors they made was the Mx series. Then fiat ruined another company, eliminated each other from the market and left the door wide open for john deere and even massey

• 3 months later...

Sorry to kick this topic up from the dark depths of this forum but I happen to have one silly question about this model.

Why is there two top links?  ???  One is slightly larger than the other but only the small ones seems to fit nicely on the front hitch. I wondered if it was maybe for the Accord type hitch but it doesn't even fit in the hole (here it doesn't at least).

It is truly a lovely model and one that everyone had been dreaming of for many years. However I wondered if there were maybe a bit to much extras. The front hitch is fairly out of proportion IMO and would not be something this tractor would get kitted out with. After a bit of head scratching I used a small screwdriver to take the weight rack off which did the job. A small knife was needed to take the paint off the various attachments but I understand this is almost unavoidable for the manufacturer. You have to be careful though with the small pins as they easily drop out the holes again when you tilt the model.

As said before. A truely brilliant model but a set of weights would have done it for me really!

Sorry to kick this topic up from the dark depths of this forum but I happen to have one silly question about this model.

Why is there two top links?  ???  One is slightly larger than the other but only the small ones seems to fit nicely on the front hitch. I wondered if it was maybe for the Accord type hitch but it doesn't even fit in the hole (here it doesn't at least).

It is truly a lovely model and one that everyone had been dreaming of for many years. However I wondered if there were maybe a bit to much extras. The front hitch is fairly out of proportion IMO and would not be something this tractor would get kitted out with. After a bit of head scratching I used a small screwdriver to take the weight rack off which did the job. A small knife was needed to take the paint off the various attachments but I understand this is almost unavoidable for the manufacturer. You have to be careful though with the small pins as they easily drop out the holes again when you tilt the model.

As said before. A truely brilliant model but a set of weights would have done it for me really!

the long top link is for the a frame  ;)

Callum is right and yes, keep an eye on those pins. . . . Traci has already  lost two of mine >:( I wonder if a dab of washing up liquid may help hold the pins in place like we do with grease to hold a washer in the real world.

Thank you all for your replies  :) . So it IS for the Accord A frame. Probably a small problem with the casting then as it doesn't fit. A small file will sort the job. It's a shame really the ones supplied by Weise Toys don't fit :(.

Despite the little bits and bobs it certainly is one of the best models out there atm and personally on the number 1 position together with Wiking. I fear the future 40 serie models will set me back a fair bit  ::) .

My model supplier told me the 8340 is up next for late 2010, is this true?

Also, one thing. I don't know if the owners of Imber Models read this topic? Judging by the times people wrote down their names I thought they maybe would. The problem is the box. It has a picture of a Dutch 2wd 5640 on the back from Van Zuylen Mechanisatie. Spoke to the owner from this company and he was not amused to say the least. It is not very clever to 'take' pictures from the internet without permision but may be this a leason for future times.

If you look on the Imber website they have photo's of the real tractors that were used to get dimensions. There you will see a 8340 tractor with a front linkage as modeled for the 5640. I think it was great to include the various options for linkage or weights and lights.

Will the next models be white or blue roofed?

Callum is right and yes, keep an eye on those pins. . . . Traci has already  lost two of mine >:( I wonder if a dab of washing up liquid may help hold the pins in place like we do with grease to hold a washer in the real world.

I dont yse the pins i use a small copper rod with a bend in one end it is far easer to work with  ;)

It amazes me how everyone complained loudly when siku kept changing the decals on their JD 6020series and now Imber are doing it by releasing a 6640, and people cant get their chequebooks out fast enough!!! pointless.  Bring on the long wheelbase 8340,put a blue roof on it and have done with it >:(