Marky's mini and micro digger topic - Now with 'lil' Doug new on 08th June 2011

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and don't forget you need a trailer to ferry it about on marky, thats another cost , machine weight /trailer size .

WELL.... just had a thought on that.... what about a nice little 4t trailer to put it on... I could use Frankie to lift it off as well as the little one only weights 1t or so  ;D

I'm wondering if it wold fit in my link box actually... I reckon it would too  :o

I once strapped a 0.8 ton mini digger to a pallet then took it out on the lowloader with a 17m telehander and boomed it out across the otherside of a river as there was no access behind the property :o :o ::) ::)

Wow i bet that was a sight too see wouldn't see that many times in a life time

I think you've got a hell of an idea here Marky could be a nice little earner

Although i have no idea to what machine is best  i have drove a bobcat one a few times but it was years ago im sure theres alot more options around nowadays

good luck mate

and try and keep it out of sight of the pikeys

my friend has a 0.8 kubota and its ell of a machine much better than the haniz and the komatsu  :-\ i think the other one was  :) he had on demos and he has had 2 kubotas now and there brilliant, they go through doors ,little garden gates evrything :) they hardly mark lawns , have extendible tracks powerfull for its size, ive seen him carrying a ton bag of sand before with it through a gate and down paths so this shows the power ( but this is not advisible  ;) eg h and s  :D ) only thing is the smaller machines have a very unstable feel but once you get used to it your fine  :) nice kubota 0.8 ton and a nice small one axle ifor williams and your away  ;):)

I had a thourght while in my digger to day

Say you can tow 2.5t all up, that include sthe weight of your trailer. So dont buy a 2.5t digger as you will be over the towing weight limit, and rember to factor in the weight of your bucket set also ;)

dont know what your towing weights are... Short version, make sure you buy half a ton under the towing limit to allow for your trailer tare weight and bucket set weight and a full tank of fuel in the digger as most weights in specs are dry weight( just enoungh fuel  to leave the factory)

Looking forward to seeing what you get whatever you do don't get one with one of those prats in a green shirt and big ears with it... :D :D :D :D :D  I like the sean's term not mine (jap) machines.....

my brother has a JCB mini digger although reliable when it does need parts theyre fairly pricey, hes tried several JCB dealers and their parts supply is appauling, next day turned into a week later still not having the parts.

He doesnt have much work for it now as theyre are so many hiring them out at silly prices its not worth loading onto the trailer.

my friend has a 0.8 kubota and its ell of a machine much better than the haniz and the komatsu  :-\ i think the other one was  :) he had on demos and he has had 2 kubotas now and there brilliant, they go through doors ,little garden gates evrything :) they hardly mark lawns , have extendible tracks powerfull for its size, ive seen him carrying a ton bag of sand before with it through a gate and down paths so this shows the power ( but this is not advisible  ;) eg h and s  :D ) only thing is the smaller machines have a very unstable feel but once you get used to it your fine  :) nice kubota 0.8 ton and a nice small one axle ifor williams and your away  ;):)

rich says it all here really marky

no pressure mate :D :D :D :D

they are a tough old machine and usefull ;)

:D :D :D - well it's that kind of information that you can't buy... I'll be looking to get a demo of a Kubota then... or a least a good look at one  ;)

Will report back on this topic when I have some progress

If you can't get a Kubota 0.8 on demo give me a shout Mark and i'll get you a good rate on one of ours, we have 6 at Corby, 8 at Ipswich and 2 at Diss ;)

You can indeed Anuty Sue... a BIG DEEP moat hopefully.. full of sharks so we can put Barry in it  ;D

Bit of an update...

Kubota Mini Digger 0.8t - £12,300

Kubota 1.6t Digger - £13,500

New Tech... umi or whatever you call it...

New Micro Digger 0.8t - 11k

Second Hand one... 2003... £5k

Phew.... they are blooming expensive  :o :o

JCB, do your bit for Britain ;) There is a repo yard near me, Mark. Do you want me to research?

only if it's not too much trouble Trissy.. that would be good mate.

I'm off to look at the tekkanoochi oochi or whatever they are called sometime later in the week

Caveat emptor if you buy second hand. Heard a storey of someone who bought two. He had the serial numbers checked out and they appeared to be legit machines, upshot of this was that they were stolen, from others, and, eventually, recovered from him. He lost out big time, no machines and no money. Rumour has it so did the seller............... ;)

I love your little get rich get poorer even quicker idea's  :D :D :D :D

yes there's something endearing about your throw a six to start entrepreneurial skills  :D

what ever you buy mark you wouldn't want it ti be much older than 3 years old mate , especially if they're ex hire machines , as they've had no end of numpties on them , you need to be looking at ex works machines , as they're usually replaced every couple of years , really need to look out for slack pins & bushes , pins are ok to replace but if the bushes have worn & started to eat into the castings ,then it's going to cost . condition of tracks is another factor i can't imagine they'll be cheap ! & also look to see if the digging arm is twisted ,many hobby hirer's slew side to side with the bucket to level uneven ground & that's a big no no !

another idea for you mark , if you get a micro digger, try to get a narrow dumper as well they really would compliment each other , nothing worse than helping a mate out with a hired digger & still having to shift the spoil with a wheel barrow around the back of the house / site to a waiting trailer or skip  >:(

i love diggers don't you mate  :D :D :D