Heavy commercial vehicle recovery

nice pictures bill , not many jags about in that condition either .

& although he has a nice selection of trucks & of course the 2640 , it was the merc sprinter that caught my eye  :P;):D

Yes it is a nice car Marcus just shame that it played up in the day. The problem is that its not used enough. I'm going to phone Stuart shortly and suggest he gives it to "Rocket Ronnie" so he can give it a good blast and I would not mind going along for the joy ride to see him put it thogh her paces ;D ;D

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice pictures bill

p.s. my next door neighbour has an immaculate jag just like that , but it is British racing green ;)

Thanks if you can get a picture of that Jag that would be great. Stuart has also quite a few other cars and he has an ongoing restoration project on a blue E type Jag

nice pictures bill , not many jags about in that condition either .

& although he has a nice selection of trucks & of course the 2640 , it was the merc sprinter that caught my eye  :P;):D

I had to look back since I thought what does Marcus like about the DHL sprinter and then it clicked what it was the sticker mans pole dancer ;) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

At yesterdays Laigh o' Moray vintage rally at Roseilse near Burghead which is fairly close to Elgin in the Morayshire coast I grabbed some photos of  some recovery trucks.

These are owned by Garry Scott from the Sherriff-mill garage in Elgin and he is in fact a cousin of my pal SSW ( Stuart Scott Walker )

Garry actually owns the small holding where the event was held and in addition to his "wreckers" he had the Aberdeen Harbour Board steam wagon and the 1924 Marshall steam engine Rob Roy at the show.

27092009013.jpg

27092009012.jpg

27092009014.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The latest recovery vehicle added to the S S Walker fleet a 52 plate Iveco. This will take up to the size of a Mercedes Sprinter van and he hauls in loads of those for Tesco  to john R Weirso this machine should be easier on the diesel than the two Volvo 4 wheelers.

06102009001.jpg

06102009002.jpg

looks a really tidy motor  :)  get some green S S WALKER stickers for her, should look well :)

I don't know what plans Stuart has on decals etc but i know he isnt planning a respray since the paimtwork is in good condition.

I don't know how Green decals would look could be a bit "loud" against yellow..always difficult to know until you see them on

::)  you have done it again, nice pictures mate :o

Glad you like them Erik. It will soon be too dark in the evenings for getting decent recovery photos.

He does not tend to have a lot of recoveries at a weekend apart form the dreaded old smelly horeboxes and anyway I'm rarely out on any at weekends since that is my home time on tractors models and shows etc

I don't know what plans Stuart has on decals etc but i know he isnt planning a respray since the paimtwork is in good condition.

I don't know how Green decals would look could be a bit "loud" against yellow..always difficult to know until you see them on

the checkers/battenburg on the bottom is a dark shade of green

Yes you are right it is a dark green but then again as in the song they say there are 40 shades of green ;) ;)

I thought you were meaning a bright bright green but yes decals the same as the checker below would probably suit it rather nicely

Well funny you should say that Mark two of his drivers were commenting that it felt a bit sluggish but when under load it could pull like a train...well the Scottish words used

"Aye it can fairly rug = pull"...... ;D ;D

I did not appreciate you had done recoveries in the past Mark. Better not tell my mate if you are ever up in this neck of the woods since he is always looking for drivers with recovery experience. Mind you its mostly for weekends and evenings when he doesn't want to go out himself ;) ;)

the aa guys down here share our yard for the bigger stuff like that one and the flat beds, and none of them rated the ivecos at all, they were always in our garage(we maintain them in our workshops) with something wrong?? they have replaced them with mercs now down this way

You lot just want to be posh down there with Mercs Sean :D

they may well want to be mate, our garage were forever having the ivecos in for something, i guess they get well used mind on the road every day,

think they had a few merc vito vans on trials to instead of the varios they currently all seem to have, not sure if they do it by area or national when they buy the vans  mind 

On which photo Rich ..the DHL van  ??? ???

I know for a fact my friend is restoring an H Reg Dark green John Cooper Mini in dark green and white roof for his step daughter Sarah who turns 17 next year but I haven't taken photos of that yet...would you like some ???

Back on the ex AA recovery truck

06102009002.jpg

Got this 1966 / 1967 Members handbook from my uncle I recently moved home. Used mini vans back then not Iveco's by the look of it

11102009001.jpg

11102009.jpg

I also remembered I have an AA badge which was probably dads and i recall seeing the key for the boxes... now where is that me wonders ??? ???

11102009002.jpg

Keeping on the AA theme I have this 1959 / 1960 members handbook which was my grandfathers when he ran a 1948 Triumph 1800 razor edge.

11102009003.jpg

11102009004.jpg

The car is still in existance and I caputured it on camera at Glamis castle in 2008

Glamis2008036.jpg

Glamis2008037.jpg

Glamis2008038.jpg

Moving onto the 1970;s I have this 71 / 72 one which I think was from an uncle who had passed away

11102009005.jpg

11102009006.jpg

And into the late 90's and 2000 my own one from 1999 / 2000 when I had AA cover from Vauxhall with my 2.5 V6 Vectra

11102009007.jpg

11102009008.jpg

i -spy a mini copper on the last photo  :P  any pictures of it  ???

Rich ... was round past my friends garage yesterday and John the pabel beater was busy working away restoring this H Reg John Cooper Mini.

14102009001.jpg

14102009002.jpg

14102009003.jpg

Archived