siku lexion 600 control

leylandboy

On the lighting topic, whats best?, i had some 2.5 or 3mm dia LEDS, but they are a pain to fit?, any other options? ???

You have to go the surface mount route really... SMD 0805 red for tail lights and ultra bright 1206 whites for everything else. Have a peek at http://www.malcp.com/20080131LexionTechnical/index.htm to see what I used on the Lexion. You can get these from e-bay, they are not expensive...

Got to work out how to motorise the reel - that would be cool too! Anyone know of a small, slow motor that'd suit?

/m.

This might sound daft,but the best place to get tiny 1.5v electric motors is, Oral B Pulsar tooth brushs,built into the handle is a tiny motor with an offset weight,that's what makes them vibrate,their not slow though,but,some of you r/c guy's might be able to gear them down a bit,

Regards

Joe.

Well i've enquired into motors and you can actually get motors as small as the thickness of say, biro ink cartridges. r/c shops sell them and there not that exspensive.

SMDs are a good choice in lighting but im sure malc will agree that there very fiddley but well worth burnt fingers ha ha!.

Well i've enquired into motors and you can actually get motors as small as the thickness of say, biro ink cartridges. r/c shops sell them and there not that exspensive.

SMDs are a good choice in lighting but im sure malc will agree that there very fiddley but well worth burnt fingers "laugh out loud" :).

will look into SMD's.....how hard to wire?

To be honest i've not attempted it yet. been working on other projects and ideas. im to belive you have to use like ultra thin wire, and not sure if its insulated being so thin.

I remember malc telling me the joys of burnt fingers while he done his, id prefer to use SMDs as they are alot neater. but am looking at 2.5mm Ultra bright LEDs with a filed down flat face. will inform you how i get on.

oh on another SMD note there are more benefits to using them on other models that require them that small. Take a look at this german site. have to use a translater site but still worth a look

www.modell-trecker-tuning.de

i did one of these lexions a while back while of work with abroken foot more to pass the time than anything else never done one before their was days it drove me insane but thanks to malcs web site i got it finished in the end worth it when you see it working but saying that i would not be in a hurry to do it again  8) 8)