siku lexion 600 control

leylandboy

Hello...! ;)

Yep - I made my own RC 600, not too difficult as all the bits are available from RC model shops or e-bay etc. If you feel like giving it a go let me know -  happy to share the details! Although I do have an electronics degree, anyone could do it really..... ;)

Photos and videos linked from the page Joe listed. I was going to make a RC Jaguar model, but having made the Lexion come to life, it's a case of 'been there, done that'!!

Anyway, any questions, just ask.

/malc.

You better build a chopper unit and blower which will actually work then Malc, you know just to be different ;):D

hear hear!!!.....sure you cant knock me up a Lexion, lights only ;):-\

You better build a chopper unit and blower which will actually work then Malc, you know just to be different ;):D

Hmmmmm..... well you *could* use one of those USB vacuum cleaners for the blower unit, and duct it to a pick up header unit.... ;D

hey, all

Malcs lexion rocks, been building mine for a while, got tthe forward/reverse left and right, header up an down. got lights do do when i can figure our the rc side of the switch and  having trouble with the unloading auger speed. apart from that is definatly looking the part. have a go, its rather easy when you think about it.

Hi Dan,

Good work with your Lexion mate, I too have the issue of the, err, slightly overly quick discharge auger. Not much you can do about that really... The RC switch connects directly to one channel on your receiver, and provides two on/off outputs so that on mine when you move the right hand joystick they go on and off. For example, moving the joy stick to the right turns switch one on. Moving it right again turns switch one off again. Moving the joystick left turns switch two on, and then moving it again off.  The wiring looks like this...

Good luck, and you'll have to post some photos...! :)

/malc.

post-1701-132639125087_thumb.jpg

with the unloading auger, couldnt you gear it down to slow it up???? or belt drive it with different size wheels?? seen that done with the tamiya rc tanks to slow the action, its almost a sort on mini gearbox under them from one drive gog, its geared down

@Tractorman810 - the unloading auger is driven by a servo motor, directly connected esentially using the servo arm as a bell crank - so no chance for gearing. The servo turns 90 degrees, as does the discharge tube. Tried using a smaller less powerful servo, but then the tube only swung about 75 degrees - which is worse! No room for a gearbox/motor, it's pretty tight in there with all the other stuff!

@Deere-est - Never work for Air traffic Control, ok??? ;D

Hey Malc,

Cheers for that diagram. should help me out alot. Ive got 4 RC shops trying to figur out how to slow down the auger so if i have any luck i'll post up.

totally agree with the concept of no room. it is tight in there once you've added all ther servos for drive/control/lift etc. i was lucky that i had used a motor and gear box from the siku rc john deere,which saved me a fair bit of space. but its all trial and error. there are no right ways or wrong ways to do things when building custom rc models. once i can get hold of the tracked rc deere from siku then that will be modded to a 9530 chassis with improved hitch and custom solo app. should look good when i can get it done.

At the moment no ones sure with the go slow units.I've tried two of them but they dont like working for some reason. somone suggested that because the r/c unit is working at 2.4ghz the unit doesnt reconise the signal.also tried reducing the voltage with a resistor but that didnt work either. i mite look into building a control board when i get time. 

Liking the class on ebay, although not sure itd cost that to make. is it r/c or just lighted?  really shoould learn german seeing as its mostly them who do some great r/c models.