The Adventures of Marky and HATTIE the MF5480 - born 18th July 2009

oh right i asked the man in the store and he said he didnt know of one like you said no such one for the present ones so he didnt think there was but he would check it out must go back up to them soon anyway the stabiliser i got didnt suit because when i priced the replacement for the original turned out to be €270  :of  must check if theres a knock off available  ???  and im skint at the minute and the camera decided to pack it in not so long ago so its waiting to be replaced so youll have to visit to see the 3085  ;D 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure there was Dennis... I guess the parts books will confirm it though... look for the 'lighting kit' I'm sure it came as an option with that mate..

As for visiting... I'm not good on water.... can you drive it over and meet me in Wales or something  ;D ;D ;D

ill talk to the fella in the store and well sort it out and what this about you no being good "ON WATER" not many people are usually i sink if i try getting "ON WATER" you best put on your arm bands and do your best doggy paddle across and ill meet you at the pier and have the fan going in the 3085 ready for you  :D  just noticed thats the 3085 in my profile pic not the clearest picture  ;) 

• 1 month later...

thought I'd do a bit of an update on Hattie... it's been a while...

Basically... she's now on over 330 hours... and doing well... no major faults I am pleased to report...

DSCN0157.jpg

This week I had another camera fitted.. this time to the roof... it will be handy for corn carting... will save me getting a crook in my neck that's for sure  :D :D  ...

DSCN0145.jpg

I've been out today to pick up carrots (I do this most weekends lately)... I like to put the trailer at a 45 degree angle to the load I am picking up... makes for very easy and fast loading that way...

DSCN0147.jpg

DSCN0148.jpg

She's fitted with an extending drawbar (high vis as it's known).... makes for very easy trailer coupling...

DSCN0162.jpg

Just up the road is my heap of topsoil..

DSCN0151.jpg

and boy is it wet up there  :of:D :D

DSCN0153.jpg

I loaded my mates trailer while I was there too... will save him a job on Monday morning...

DSCN0154.jpg

There is another pile to the side of it mate... and about another 1,000t behind the sheds... you can see the piles (with carrots in them) in the front... they are what get's added over the winter..

It's soon to be topsoil season again I am pleased to say  ;D

She's fitted with an extending drawbar (high vis as it's known).... makes for very easy trailer coupling...

The 8340 I learnt on had this feature it's so useful. I'm not sure why it t so long for other manufacturers to go the same route ? :-\

Not this time of year mate... no building or gardening going on sadly... will kick off again soon I guess (hope !)

dont worry i havent forgotten you!!! ;D ;D

need to remove the old shed first and get it to dads before i need topsoil!

so this was where you were heading around 10.30 yesterday then? ;)

thought I'd do a bit of an update on Hattie... it's been a while...

I've been out today to pick up carrots (I do this most weekends lately)... I like to put the trailer at a 45 degree angle to the load I am picking up... makes for very easy and fast loading that way...

Very professional of you, Mark and just how muckspreaders should park up at a heap for loading too.  :)

nice update is the push out hitch on her worked off one of the spool valves or is it automatic the automatis is a pain much easier to do it yourself  ???

It's on a spool Dennis... with a changeover valve to put the spool baxk in service.. I only have use for one spool 99% of the time.. but it was a pain in the backside at harvest time.. I needed two spools for the trailer (tailgate and tip)... so each time I hooked up I had to lean out of the window and change the valve over

Very professional of you, Mark and just how muckspreaders should park up at a heap for loading too.  :)

Thanks Trissy... I get really cross with drivers when they want to be loaded and they pull up at 90 degrees to the pile you are loading from  >:(

A bit of exaggerated shunting normally does it for the second load  ;);D:D :D

thanks Bill... to be honest I don't think I should be messing about with them as much as I do  :-[  - the problem with being your own boss... sometimes I lack motivation for my real job  :-[ :'(

i find it hard to believe you of all people lack motivation in anything you do mate , you're always out & about , do you ever actually stop ?