The Adventures of Marky and HATTIE the MF5480 - born 18th July 2009

Not rude at all Tim...

My real day job is to run a business that sells Fruit & Vegetables to about 800 schools across East Anglia and Hertfordshire... BUT.... I also have a small subsidiary business which is centered around this tractor for baling farm waste and other recyclables, hauling and selling topsoil, sand & ballast and doing a little corn carting if I can get it.... I've also bought a little digger from PDC which I hire out to my mates... I'm up for trying anything providing in involves the use of 'kit'  :D :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well.. that can only be described as 'simmering' at the moment... I am waiting to see what happens to a local firm that went bust a few weeks ago... poor buggers  :'(

what they have a second hand one going cheapish do they?? would be a lot cheaper than a new one i guess

Wowers Marky awesome pics....now help and old wheat farmer understand.....What are those carrots for anyway??  I know you provide lunch at some schools....but those carrots are sitting outside in the rain....??

Please post some more Youtube videos if & when you can spare the time Mark, I want to hear Hattie come to life again! :P

Will do buddy...

Interesting to see still a manual clock on them.

Never thought of that... but now you mention it.. I guess it's high time they went digital really  :-\

last time you put a comment like this you had a tractor ordered ;)  so im guessing you have seen the light and you have a jd 7530 on order to pull the trailers :D

:D :D  - not quite Mike.....

I've NOT got a tractor ordered I can assure you all... sadly  :'( :D :D  - This one will need to clock up at least 4000 hours and run out the 3 year warranty before I consider her replacement

cattle feed Pops... we blend them with our potato peelings to make the starch more paletable for the cows... they will eat it at a push.... but they love it blended with carrots you see  ;)

bloody heck I thought  you served schools and prisons or stuff like that did not know you were into cattle feed.....what happened to the packing idea plastic and junk around farms???