The Adventures of Marky and HATTIE the MF5480 - born 18th July 2009

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah. . ..

Where's the Deutz?!

Looks like it will  get a fair bit of use if the price has gone up again, Mark. Definitely worthwhile I'd say. I saw a Valmet up your way with those tyres on on Thursday too. It was on a woo chipper with a roadside gang.

I guess so Paul... but the bit I'm on has had 40t of road planings, 15t of crushed concrete and about 80t of hardcoard on it.... all by my own fair hand... well... me and my mate Chris... we had Doug down there today to level the last bit.. going to get a 40ft container down here for tool storage etc.

Yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah. . ..

Where's the Deutz?!

Looks like it will  get a fair bit of use if the price has gone up again, Mark. Definitely worthwhile I'd say. I saw a Valmet up your way with those tyres on on Thursday too. It was on a woo chipper with a roadside gang.

what this one....

IMG_0054.jpg

or this one...

IMG_0053.jpg

;D:-*

there was one of those old deutz down here until recently, same sort of position brambles ect all over it, was sold in a auction along with the jd combine i used to get pics and meassurements of for my build ,

clamp looks good i must say, will you give it a nice lick of mf red paint to tidy it up then mate?? or just leave it as it is

got a couple of major buy's their mark that can certainly be deemed as investment rather than expense . were the original wheels GKN ? as they had problems with cracking rims a few years back , which i think is why they moved to a solid ring for lugs rather than the 'new' at the time square dish type double lug centres. Rather than a weight which will obviously be removable would wheel weights be a better option ?

there was one of those old deutz down here until recently, same sort of position brambles ect all over it, was sold in a auction along with the jd combine i used to get pictures and meassurements of for my build ,

clamp looks good i must say, will you give it a nice lick of mf red paint to tidy it up then mate?? or just leave it as it is

No paint mate... The local low-life are more attracted to shiny paint is my throry on that... hopefully this clamp will remain under their radar if it looks old and decrepid  :-\

Blimey many changes since I last posted in here Marky,why do you think your rims cracked?

I thimk they had too much grip with the new tyres so all the twisting motion on the loader (shuttling back and forward) had to go somewhere... where the old ag tyres tended to slip a little when changing direction.. these don't sdo that so much - just my theory.  Also I have these pumped up quite hard as they are not as flexible as Ag tyres.. so it may just have been the shockload if not

got a couple of major buy's their mark that can certainly be deemed as investment rather than expense . were the original wheels GKN ? as they had problems with cracking rims a few years back , which i think is why they moved to a solid ring for lugs rather than the 'new' at the time square dish type double lug centres. Rather than a weight which will obviously be removable would wheel weights be a better option ?

I don't think GKN make them now mate... being French built I suspect they have a manufacturer a lot nearer to the factory to save on Transport.  From my visit last year I do know they come in ready assembled and shod.  Wheel weights would be no good for me mate as I spend most of my lift towing trailers or my baler... both of which load the rear axle/tyres heavily already.  The weight box I have it quick release mate as well... you don't even need to get out of the cab to hook it up as it only hooks (and 'catches') on the lower linkarms

didnt you buy a rear weight box for frankie mark??? open box one to add what ever to her?? or am i going mad, remember someone buying one

I do mate I do... and it's full of concrete too  :)

do the arms lift high enough to allow the block to stay on the arms when you are towing your trailer round? other option you could always set it on the trailer and take it with you.

great pics , some good kit and all looks very relevant, a sound investment I reckon,a very good source of additional income. Whats the old saying , where there`s muck ,there`s brass ...therefore recycling , waste collection has to be worthwhile ;D

Sadly not John.. but it will be living down where my bales now live anyway.. that's the only place I need it really... I don't need it when loading soil as it's not that heavy that Hattie needs the extra ballast.  She's quite a heavy tractor for a loader tractor really anyway  :)

Ah no I didn't see that old girl, Mark. Thought maybe it had been scrapped in or something. The yard looked like it had a fair clear out but it looks as if there is still some relics hanging around. . .. the driver of a new Massey per say. . ..  :P:laugh: :laugh:

Sadly not John.. but it will be living down where my bales now live anyway.. that's the only place I need it really... I don't need it when loading soil as it's not that heavy that Hattie needs the extra ballast.  She's quite a heavy tractor for a loader tractor really anyway  :)

but wont you need it at the other end when unloading the bales?