The Adventures of Marky and HATTIE the MF5480 - born 18th July 2009

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes sean e kins... Little petrol engine mate.. 4 stroke lawnmower jobbie really.

http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s259/markyferguson/?action=view&current=ef8057f4.jpg&mediafilter=noflash

Not sure if that link will work.. Bloody iSad  >:(

You'll need good eyesight if it does anyway  :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Brief update.... I've entered into an agreement with a large local farmer to clean up (grade) and sell a heap of peat from some old strawberry growing medium bags with my grader...

Me and one of the famrers workers spent the day grading our first 100 or so tonnes of material which I THINK I have sold today (subject to a weed growth test) .. SUPERB fun spending all day on the tractor loading the heap into my grader, then making a nice high pile. More to do next week when I get a spare day to 'play' ... only a few images when we'd just got going really... finished in the dark so too late to take pictures then sadly

First.. the heap...

8dfe88c4.jpg

My new grader...

2381cf7a.jpg

The 'assisting' Merlo... and work in progress.... The Merlo is piling up the spoil which can be regraded again... the other heap is the good saleable stuff

c41e023a.jpg

I'm not sure how long it will take to grade the lot Sean... not too long I hope... it's quite a 'job specific" thing to set up really... takes a good morning to hit the sweet spot.. then you can really motor... perhaps almost double the mornings output (if that makes sense) ...

Mart... yes the spoil pile will be quick to regrade... I reckon we should getthe same yield out of that as we did the first pass... it pays to have the machine setup to grade fast with some losses as otherwise you'll always have idle time with the loaders.. there is always an element of regrading to do on every job once the first pass has been made

• 2 weeks later...

Well the new kit fairy has been to visit Marky today again... I've decided to swap the low-loader for a much longer pallet trailer (30ft bed) ... I've not picked it up as yet as I need to pluck up the courage to take it on the road ;D ;D

cbb23348.jpg

AS Marston in MF Red... of course...

0dcae2f5.jpg

If I get the chance I'm going to collect it tomorrow.. fingers crossed that is.. somsthing is bound to get in the way of my plans.. usually does >:(