The Adventures of Marky and HATTIE the MF5480 - born 18th July 2009

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just need a 7480 know on front of the trailer it will save you dropping the trailer off  ;) .

Would it be rude of me to ask to borow yours for a year or two Ben... just while I make my mind up if I like it or not  ;D:P

So I was right so it was a Northern Ireland trailer ;D

Nice buy Mark ;)

thanks Colm.... When I ordered it I said.. "Oh I see from your phone number that you are Irish, do you know Colm Ryan ??? " .. he put the price up £50 just after I said that and blamed it on inflation  >:(

I bloody knoew I should have gone with my first guess!!!! The drawbar is the same as the 14t lowloader trailers Wessex Water use for hauling their 13t JCB excavators around...

Well you left is so long... I've licked the jammy bit off and made the foamy bit a little soggy too now mate  :-[

marky, when you get a chance can you get a picture of it alongside the bailleys? wouldnt mind seen how they compair size wise given the old gilrs a 8 tonner? and thats a 14

will do it tomorrow mate... Bailey is obviously now back in service as the peeling waste trailer... poor old girl  :'( :D :D

Very Nice Marky.. See all you boys over there need Good Northern Irish Manufactures to keep you's going  ;D 

McCauley Trailers do seem to be well built and last some time, Not many floating about here but any that do are 100%

There built 15-20 miles from me aswell  ;)

Hope she does your job  :)

Very Nice Marky.. See all you boys over there need Good Northern Irish Manufactures to keep you's going  ;D 

McCauley Trailers do seem to be well built and last some time, Not many floating about here but any that do are 100%

There built 15-20 miles from me aswell  ;)

Hope she does your job  :)

I must say that my initial assessment of the build quality seems good.. paint finish looks to be good... welding nice and construction seems to be nice, but simple...

much like some if the Irish lads I've met  ;):P:-*

nice buy mark looks the part & unlike the griffiths  shouldn't  cost much to run & maintain

............so then has mrs F's new landy been nudged on another few years or is a little 'smart' car on the cards  ;D:)

nice buy mark looks the part & unlike the griffiths  shouldn't  cost much to run & maintain

............so then has mrs F's new landy been nudged on another few years or is a little 'smart' car on the cards  ;D:)

running costs for the next few years are NIL I hope... As for Mrs F... I was thinking more of that little electrical car you can get now  ;D

just caught up with this topic! nice trailer you need to get the underside and chassis waxoyled, well worth the expense.

as for the tyres we ran Michelin which were expensive but lasted well, we changed the tyres on rims to even the wear and noticed cracks inside the tyre??? when we spoke to the rep although the tyres were speed rated and could operate at low pressure we were told to inflate them more purely for road work, a tyre inflation system is money well spent with hardly any wear on the tyres of the U400 even after 2 years.

thanks Simon.. I'll get the underside waxoiled before the winter perhaps.  We do keep the trailers pretty clean and muck free most of the time which is a spin off from having vans to wash on a daily basis, although it's easy to miss the bits you can't see of course

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update on my new trailer.. I've done about 250 miles with it now since I took delivery... I have to say... it's a superb piece of kit... it pulls like a dream and holds weight very well. 

DSCN0463.jpg

Been to pick up some more compost recently too...

DSCN0471.jpg

DSCN0470.jpg

DSCN0469.jpg

oh and amlost forgot... Mrs F surprised me with my new numberplates today.. bless her... I bought them a year ago and I'd forgotten that I had them.. evidently they wrote to me the other week saying if I didn't assign them to my car then I'd loose them (or have to pay to retain them I believe).. anyway... would look nice on my MF5400Series tractor.. but it can't be assigned to a tractor

DSCN0487.jpg