The Adventures of Marky and HATTIE the MF5480 - born 18th July 2009

wel to be honest it ant aa tonne itss more like 900kgs

Are you lot asleep? ::):D I said that pages ago too. Nobody listens to us Hobbits. :(

They are normally sold in 1t bags at 900kgs to allow for 100kgs of moisture. Also in 900kg bags you get two three more bags on an artic load by dry wieght. Cubic metre/Volume is so that dry or wet you get the same quantity which is what we do for the firewood.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well... dear old Hattie had a minor hick-up today... there I was... minding my own business.. and the charging light came on..... I popped the bonnet to find the main auxillary belt had jumped off for some strange reason...

IMAGE_348.jpg

IMAGE_349.jpg

I made a quick call to my local dealers... they were on site within 20 minutes.. and I'd guess they were 19 minutes away from me ! - not bad service hey....

Anyway... the belt was re-installed... and she's been fine ever since  :-\

Let's just hope it was a one-off  :-[ :'(

I could have put it back mate... but I didn't have a socket set on me (needed a ratchet to take the tension off the idler)... but I did have a phone... and a radio to listen too while I was waiting  :D :D  - She's under warranty... so I may as well make use of it I reckon  :D :D

I was moving 20t of toppy and some cow poo... that sledge is in use every year I believe too  :o

162 hours in just under 3 months not bad

our 6480 has clocked over 400 hours in about a year we had the 400 hour service last saturday

catching me marky, ive done 275hrs in past 3 months on the jd BUT spent the last 3 weeks on another tractor! its only done a few hrs rolling in this time

to make you feel better i had a brakedown (in warranty) it had to have a new alternator

catching me marky, ive done 275hrs in past 3 months on the jd BUT spent the last 3 weeks on another tractor! its only done a few hrs rolling in this time

to make you feel better i had a brakedown (in warranty) it had to have a new alternator

Blimey Mike... you've clocked some up as well mate.... I guess neither of us have had anything serious thankfully..

weird, not as if its under to much pressure is it??? surprised you didnt put it back on yourself

anyway, whats with the minding your own bussiness, whats you been doing then?? cooks sledge beside her there??

Oh Seany, you do make I laugh! It couldn't have been under too much pressure else it wouldn't have jumped off would it?! :D :D

It happens Marky, you used to be a fitter so you would have known if it were serious. I expect the belt had just stretched and needed retensioning.

• 1 month later...

I did mention on here a few days ago... I've treated Hattie to some additional front work lights... although the roof mounted ones are good and bright... with the loader on they just reflect from the beams... so I've bought the side light versions.. should have had them factory fitted really I guess... but i was too tight at the time to do it...

The wiring loom is all but complete... so it was just the two light units, one small loom and a switch..

DSC_9316.jpg

They are blooming good too... nice spread of light now for yard work with the loader...

DSC_9331.jpg

those side lights make all the difference dont they  especially around yards at night im having two fitted on the back of our 3085 for working but we were afraid to put 2 more on the front in case the alternator couldnt cope so ill have to make do you lucky sod with a lovely new massey every fortnight nearly at this stage no wonder your skint  :'(  must go ask my dad why hes skint and still has no new massey  ???  :D

;D ;D  - thanks Dennis... I'm totally skint now mate I can sssure you...

I think I am right in saying that MF offerd an upgraded alternator on the 3000 series as part of the worklight kit...

105amp/hr if that sounds right ???

Interestingly.. there is no such offer of an upgrade on the 5400's

Now then... lets have a look at that 3085 please  :P