SCOTTISH NATIONAL TRACTOR SHOW 26 / 27 SEPTEMBER 2009 AT LANARK MART

BC

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a wonderful selection of photos, great to see all those Leylands, they bring back a lot of memories!  Farmer by where I used to live had three - mainly used them on Farrow irrigators - and also a newer one (W reg I think) which had a yellow bonnet...a Leyland 802 I seem to recall.

Siku JD combine was on G&M s stall , spoke to Graham  today , arrived with him on Thurs , along with Ifor Williams  trailer , Remote control JD tracked thing & New McCormick

Cheers mate,

I thought I spied it on the photo of the stall Bill took - have put my order in!

PS - photos of it on Farmmodels.co.uk as well now!

blimey, now i know why i hardly ever see a leyland tractor down here any more, they all seem to have moved to scottland for some reason :D :D :D never seen that many in one place before since a dealers on the rear of my relatives place in romsey

Well Sean Graham Hill is holding a working day next Sunday with Leylands and Nuffields and I plan to go along and get some working shots

Thats a wonderful selection of photos, great to see all those Leylands, they bring back a lot of memories!  Farmer by where I used to live had three - mainly used them on Farrow irrigators - and also a newer one (W reg I think) which had a yellow bonnet...a Leyland 802 I seem to recall.

Glad you enjoyed there is more blues than just Fordson Blue  ;D ;D

Thanks for the photos of the Sunday truck show Iain they are great I will get back tomorrow once I have got up to speed after a sleepless weekend between rallies at Lanark on Saturday and RoseIsle in Morayshire on Sunday ;) ;)

some nice pictures there love the 285 leyland. also the big deere looks great

Yes peter I thought you might like the Big Green Un ;) ;)

I'm going to Graham Hills working day of Leylands and Nuffields at Newtown of Arlie between Kirrimuir and Alyth so I may well see the 285 in action.

what great pics bill some cracking lorries there good scottish hauliers to like the volvo f7 with tipping trailer on back, the old firm i drove for had the same units ,i had an old seddon atkinson day cab unit but pulled a tipping trailer like that sometimes before 25ton law came in then they put another axle under it but you had a job to get the weight in it , i took the old seddon up to aberdeen with a marine loading arm backloaded seed potatoes from a farm outside montrose and one at bridge of ern near perth a longtime ago 1984 happy days but cold for nights out in the day cab sleeping across the engine BBrrrrrrrrrrr

Ah so you have been to the frozen North aka Aberdeen Graham ;) ;)

At Montrose I suspect you picked up a load of tatties from Clarance Murray & Co...I think Marcus MJB 1 has been as far north as that too ;D

was at the show on sunday bit of a let down though was only there two hours if that too cramped and not alot there layout inside is poor at pen area big deere was nice but rear wings badly filled also i suspect a air conditioning prob as belt was off the little berry fergie was really well finished  don't think il bother with the show for a while anyway