sparrow legs jd 6810 (new topic)

sparrow legs

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well mike i recon the sign writing is spot on , not outstandingly gareish but not insignificantly understated either , but notice there's no phone number ?

had a friend with a 7810 who did contract trimming ,he also only had name on the tractor , with plans to get another trimmer for a 76 he also had  but not much extra work was forthcoming , when the lack of number was pointed out , he said "well i dont want my bl00dy phone ringing all day do i"  :-\

• 3 weeks later...

its only a short run as part of the local heritage weekend, i have to get the wheels back on and rollers for monday, im only going as we have the weekend off as were back to drilling on monday ;D

it was a real bonus that the duels fit my new tractor as there the ones off my old 3040, i nearly sold them last year, good job i didnt

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE, got back flailing, bad news tractor started to make a whineing noise, got my fitter out to it and it was as i thought, the bloody turbo has blown :(  tomorros task is finding a new one that dosnt break the bank :'(

also got some new decals in the post to me to re badge the bonnet ;D

Oh dear... (no pun intended)... that's not good Mike... as above, I hope you find the parts at reasonable prices and get her up and running again soon.

If it's any concellation, I've had a few breakdowns with my tractor recently... nothing major.. but it just goes to show that all things go wrong.. no matter what the age

rang all breakers, founfd one for a 6900 but told its different, rang all pattern firms vap/sparex etc but they dont list a turbo for a 6810 :'(  i am half tempted to drive to lincoln with my old turbo to see if it matches the 6900 one.

finding a few bits that need doing to the tractor but it is 10 years old and cant expect it to be as new with 7800hrs on the clock now :(

• 2 weeks later...

drove to lincoln, turbo the same but it was more worn than mine! went to jd dealers with my turbo, was told the turbo was ok (with it sat on the counter) and that my fitter was wrong saying the turbo had gone, but then was told to bring the tractor in with it fitted to check it over, low and behold they now say its the turbo ::)  getting behond with work so running it with fingers crossed till i get time to have it recon (fraction of the price) flailing today and some hedge flew up and smashed my wing mirror >:(  im not having much luck!

Archived