south hams vintage rally in south devon 8th and 9th august

nathan

well thats all i have , there was loads more but they were parked next to there owners caravans and tents and as it was 10 to eight in the morning i didn't want to wake them as i expect they had been in the beer tent till late .  the combine was great to see cutting some wheat and the ihc baler working behind it.

the pictures don't do them justice some where so tidy . the sound of the v8 major was great .my mates shane and colin's mums entry this year was the 35 with the chickens on and towing a trailer with a stuffed cow in it was a bit of fun , there mums are always messing around somewhere. there was also vintage fire engines ,motorbikes and a few cars too.

looks like a good day out mate, where did the hold it to exactly?? saw a few bits on low loader on the a38 while heading north, so i guess they were going there, seen that v8 fordson somewhere to, locally while working,

at a place called sorley cross just outside kingsbridge sean, there was over a hundred tractors there mate.

yeah know it, sorley was last time i went past a tourist place, not sure if it still is mind,that was last year, not really been that way much work wise, more lower down salcome way ect

yeah thats it mate camp site is across the road from it.

mm keep your eyes peeled, go down to the garden center back of loddiswell, second grass cut time, on the junction before the walled crossing where the turn to the center is, on the right, usally 3 or 4 countys cutting and baling that fileds on the right :D :D :D :D :D

got to be carefull down there mate its pikey central down there, lots of cctv down there.

not as far as the garden center, about??? 100 yards down the road from the main road, if you know where i mean you will know how steep the hills are up to the old rail track that boarders it ,

not as far as the garden center, about??? 100 yrad down the road from the main road, if you know where i mean you will know how steep the hills are up to the old rail track that boards it ,

yeah they are a bit steep there mate.well most the fields are steep around these parts sean they get alot worst out towards prawle thats the other side of salcombe , a family out there called the tuckers have fields that they combine that most people won't drive a tractor in. i used to work for one of the brothers that lived in bigbury on sea and when i was 17 i was combining a steep field  in a JD1065h i was told not to lift the header up as the rear wheels weren't on the ground and to steer using the brakes.i use to put my feet on the window to keep me in the seat . but his brothers out at prawle are mental they combine across the hill in there JD1065H with narrow tyres . they have been known to keep the spout out and full of corn to give they more weight on the higher side. and there on the cliff too. theres an ihc down in the river where it went over the cliff.tractor wise it was a case of not if it had been over but how many times its been over.thats the joys of living in devon i suppose