Robbo's Photos

robbo

And then in the same field, John Deere 6220 and New Holland small baler

13092009541.jpg

13092009536.jpg

13092009544.jpg

13092009543.jpg

There was also a JD 6120 2wd on carting duties but I got called away before I could get the pictures. The combine also blocked and there was a cloud of blue smoke and the smell of burning rubber. He couldn't blame the student this time as the driver was about 80 :o :o :o :o

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a good chat to the driver and he told me that they were considering a replacement this year but they were quoted £30,000 for a similar machine, they decided to do up the old girl and it cost them £5000 for new bearings and belts etc, he was happy with that and the old girl will be going for a few more years yet. 8) 8) 8)

• 3 weeks later...

Keeping with Deutz for a minute, here is a rather forlorn tractor that appeared at my local recovery garage, a case of spontaneous combustion I believe

001-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

However, on a more positive note I have seen nothing but green today. First up JD7810 and 6 furrow Dowdeswell, this was really shifting, I can't remember seeing anyone ploughing so fast before

015-3.jpg

011-2.jpg

012-2.jpg

016-1.jpg

A couple of miles away a real rarity for Cheshire JD 8520 plus 6 metre Vaderstadt Rapide. Apparently there are only 4 in the North West, two 4 metre versions and two 6 metres of which this is one of them.

First, parked up and filling up with Wheat

017-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

Is that your squad car in the background of one of the photo's, Mike? I bet they pap their pants when they see you pull up along side the field and get your camera out!  :D :D Must be nice for them to meet a copper who has a genuine interest in what they do though.  :) :)

Yes it is Tris, its just a Corsa, we refer to it as the Noddy car  ;D ;D ;D ;D Most of the drivers stop and ask what they have done wrong and then laugh when I tell them I am just a tractor geek and I want to take photos of their machines, still, they often offer me a ride in the cab.

• 2 weeks later...

just back to the first page for a mo, that deutz wouldnt happen to be Athertons would it? because my mate from college has that exact set up and he is from up Warrington way

I don't know the name of the owners :-\ :-\ , you could always ask Harryh141 as I believe his step dad works for them

And a fleet of many colours as followers

Case

15102009588.jpg

JD 6930 but there was also a 6920S as well

15102009593.jpg

McMac, forgot which model it was  :-\ :-\

15102009594.jpg

Claas Ares

15102009597.jpg

15102009596.jpg

There was also a New Holland TS115 but my phone went dead before I got pictures of it  :-\ :-\ :-\

• 3 weeks later...