1960 Fordson Dexta

05rich

what a beauty :of . My dad's first tractor was a Dexta like this one 8) .

Small question though. I saw that the tractor in the unrestored condition, had the headlights on the side, and in restored condition, those were placed in the grill.. Why? As there were versions that had the headlights on the side straight from the factory.

it had lights in the grill from the factory , the farmer had put a new front cowel on at some point which dident have lights in the grill. So dad put it back :)

you can also tell it had lights in grill from date it was made etc .

Is the tractor test expensive these days Rich and do you have to do a theory test like cars or is it purely Highway Code at the end ???

not 100% sure but i have heared around 50-100 quid , not sure though.

and no theory.

I dont think i can take the test on this tractor though , I have heared it has to be done on a "bigger" tractor with wing mirrors, indecators etc. which this dosent have  :-\

She's a stunner young Rich... fair play to you chap... You've made a tidy job of her I reckon... give yourself a pat on the back !

I bet it's hard not to drive her with a big cheesy grin on your face mate isn't it  :-\ ;):P

thanks marky , certainly hard to drive without a grin  :D:)

She looks really well Rich. The Dexta is my favourite Ford I think probably because I sat my test on one a few years ago.  :) Don't see why you can't sit your test on her if she's road legal?

She looks really well Rich. The Dexta is my favourite Ford I think probably because I sat my test on one a few years ago:) Don't see why you can't sit your test on her if she's road legal?

Erh I think you mean decades John :of:-[??? ???

8) very nice

She looks really well Rich. The Dexta is my favourite Ford I think probably because I sat my test on one a few years ago.  :) Don't see why you can't sit your test on her if she's road legal?

thanks , i will have too look into it  :)

• 1 month later...