Jakescot`s collection

jakescot

Well after a few attempts to resize , I finally resorted to whitenin the excess images to get the KB  down to posting size so.....

Will start with the Fendts cos they are handy ! mostly boxed  only ones that aren`t are one of the Xylons with loader and no cab  2 other Xylons a Britains on floats and the standard one  and the ancient broken light green one .Two limited edition Siku`s  the white 716 and the other 716 with loader was bought with the Veenhuis muck spreader

Hope you can see them ok,

john

post-44-13263850011_thumb.jpg

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys , glad you like, so to answer questions ,

TM? no RC fendt? no , I`d decided I didnt want one if I couldnt have them all , not got the cash or space? , BUT one RC model would be easier to store than 3 or 4 others I spose I could sell the duplicates . a reduction is on the cards anyway.

TOG? the fave is easy,? UH 818? followed by the Siku Super one , then the 716`s?.. ?the older ones are poorer in my opinion but still nice models to have

FP? ? ?the sprayer is basic yes , one to have if you want them all kinda thing but not the best model in my opinion and it came broken in the box one of the booms is bust .

Jacktrac? ? ?no models blanked out just brown bits of background and foreground  to reduce the kb`s of the pic..... I tried to resize but failed !!!

Udimore , no triple edition yet for same reason as  the RC..........? cash and space? and it`s newer anyway , i`ve not bought any? since last summer.

anyone I forgot? let me know

thank you again

John

• 2 weeks later...

Stone the crows!! Thats some collection Jakescot. Brilliant photo's, lots to look at. So when do you want to hold this FTF Members Party the....?

Can we have more on the replica dumpy bags?

What about the Tim Welgar, opinion on that?

Like the red cabbed 595 4wd too... got a parking space waiting for one of them.

Stone the crows!! Thats some collection Jakescot. Brilliant photo's, lots to look at. So when do you want to hold this FTF Members Party the....?

Can we have more on the replica dumpy bags?

What about the Tim Welgar, opinion on that?

Like the red cabbed 595 4wd too... got a parking space waiting for one of them.

Great stuff there John, some interestin' pieces.

Couple of questions though. The wrapper in the plastic backing, is that the Britains Volac wrapper?

I also can't figure out the yellow tractor at the edge of your Massey Fergusons. Is it an industrial convo?

well,thanks you all very much for your comments, I think often it`s the little details that make layouts what they should be  and as the quads  n trailers etc  were handy , I thought I`d show them.

TOG, the  yellow tractor in the corner, well you`ll see in another pic but it`s a very nice  Muir Hill  model made by Dave Towse.there`s alos a blue version  will appear too.......I think they are  pretty damned neat !

The wrapper yes its a Britains wrapper painted by Paul.....PDC  I asked him to do one for me, just like we have at home.

The Tim Welger baler..............great to add to set ups, and I think the TIM toys are under rated, cheap and cheerful , good to start the kids on and for them to play with .buy yourself a Siku JD 6920 and the kids a TIM 6520 !!!  They are basically plastic Siku`s.  The rear linkage sucks  but one of the best tipping trailers you`ll buy is the TIM agriliner , in my humble opinion of course........it has reasonable detail stays up and tips to a good height, the  back door opens well, nice lifelike  trelleborg tyres , all round a goodie .the baler is basic  pick up is basic and for a belt baler it needs  a piece of belting or damp course onto the top hole to help the look of it and I blackened  some of the belts , they were all red . The bale is smaller than a siku but actually if you do the sums it`s prob very close to a 4 foot bale whereas the britains one is around 5 feet  I think.

the bags    are the original  britians dumpy bag if I`m allowed to say that , all made by Dave Towse , they really look the part  and I was in the process of making stickers  to put on them to show  a brand of fertiliser  then I stopped ...........it may happen eventually. One of the better,  more realistic accessories  to add to your layout . You can prob see a Dave T  tattie box there too  very kindly sent with a dumpy bag  to me  by Dave as a sample , just put in the britains ones for comparison along with what i think may be New Ray  veggie trays??? TBF might can help me out on that one . I found  that if you fix a Siku pallet  below them  then you still have your veggie tray,  not too deep ,and it doesn`t look out of place on pallet forks .

The MF 595 4wd was an ebay purchase , I can`t remember who from but it wasn`t cheap, it has the metal linkage but not the round metal lower  linkage so it`s  the later version before they introduced the plastic  ones.The cad had been split to paint it and I`ve had to glue it up to hold it together , the radiator grill decal too was a bit dodgy.

In the MF pic you might see a 2wd 362 I got that from  Dave Clifford  along with the quad sprayer which is a very nice wee model  actually. He had one on ebay , I bid , forgot to go back at  the  end and missed it for 10p  He offered me a second chance offer on one which I took.

That`s most of my  recently purchased  unboxed MF models but not all of them.I have half a dozen or so  packed away in a drawer too  which I didn`t dig out  from my old collection. I will post the boxed ones too at some stage , could be  about another 20 of them ........ there`s a couple of Ertl 3050`s there too . I havent sent my models to PDC to get the red treatment  yet ...... I was supposed to send a Krone big baler, Bomford cultivator  and a siku becker drill to become an amazone , if he has the time I`d like to also send one of my ...16 or so farmhand vermeer balers  to make into a 1450 , I `m sure he`s very busy and I`m in no rush.There is a 2wd Tim 4260 in there too done by Gareth I got him to leave the front linkage on it but it really needs to come off and a set of weights on  instead. He did that  ages ago  for me . there`s also a dummy thing in there, a half finished convo of my own, I had a broken redland digger , a broken  362  bought in a job lot off ebay  so I thought hmmmmmmm a turf tyred  MF  to go with the converted  Dave T renault 70 14  I have . I started but never finished it , found an exhaust off a broken new ray somethin or other  so it lies sideways along the bonnet , there may be a closer pic of it  to come  but I warn you it`s not fancy  and why i really prefer to leave the converting to folks who can actually do it !

thanks again , anything else just ask,

John