black fendt 936 and claas 3200 quadrant

pugman

Now there's my dream tractor in some great photo's but I can never understand why people dont drop front weights off only takes one minute before hitch baler on  ???  I always used to when had front linkage especially on Fendt

great pics they have to be the best looking tractor in the world.

It annoys me when people cant be arsed to drop front weights off when theyre not needed. I saw a JD with over a ton of weights on the front linkage rolling a seedbed, they had gone to effort of putting duals on but cant drop weights off

Even a tractor of this size feels like a dingy in a bad storm, big balers require some wieght up front on a tractor both when working and for transport. If there is a part formed bale in the chamber when roading, it's likely to beyond the axle so can make for a horrid ride. Tandem axle balers may not be so bad but single axle balers can be.

Lovely photos, I reckon Fendt ought to stick to this colour scheme myself.

Very true tris but dont need 1800 kilo hanging off the front causing undue stress on axle and tyre wear.  I think with tractor weaing 10+ton anyway should thought that be enough to balance the baler ok  :D

But definatly agree all fendt's should be this colour scheme :)

the weight may not be needed where he is , but doesn't mean to say it won't at the next farm ,, got some hills down in somerset/devon/dorset where you cant not have weights , 360 hp or not , a tandem axle baler that balances the baler nicely doesn't get any weight on the drawbar , so effectively you're pulling a dead weight, & although the weight of the tractor sounds alot , you also have to consider the exiting bale over the rear axle thus making the rear end of the tractor lighter still

nice pics mate 

i wouldnt like to see black as the standard Fendt colour but an option on all models.

As for fuel consumption due to excess weight the general rule used to be 1kg lost = 1% fuel saving Silsoe did the research not me.

has anyone ever experimented removing weights to see what effect they have on transport/work. nowadays all  i seem to see front linkage used for is carrying weights isnt there enough weight in the linkage itself?

i cant speak from vast experience with weights etc other than to agree with others on the hills you`d need a heap of help pulling that quadrant full of wet (damp) silage, the round baler full is bad enough and can throw you around................. ;D .................brown pants occasionally  :D :D :D :D

great pics lovely to see nice kit hard at work

My friend with an 8340 did a little thinking Archbarch and found half a set of weights on the front linkage was equivalent to a full set on the tombstone. When it comes to fuel drag and tyre wear, they don't mean a thing when it's a case of needing the weight or not. If the weight is needed then the performance of the tractor is considered including any ballast.

Like others have said, all we see is a photo of a tractor and baler. It doesn't need over scrutinising! :D

:D :D

i know all we see is a photo and a very good one of a great looking tractor, im just pointing out my observations.

As for refering to ride and needing THE weight the 2wd Ford TW 20 with Hesston 4900 baler makes no sense.

I know of lots of drivers that remove linkage mounted weights but there is an increasing amount that cant be bothered.