UH New Releases 2010

AJH

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow nice ford and nice MF UH should think about doing the David brown 1690 as they could do so many

variants of it like 1.david brown 1690 2wd

2.david brown 1690 4wd

3.case 1594 2wd

4.case 1594 4wd             

5.case 1694 2wd

6.case 1594 4wd

7.case 1694 2wd

8.case 1694 2wd

9.caseih 1594 2wd

10.caseih 1594 4wd

11.caseih 1694 2wd

12.caseih 1694 2wd

12 potental tractors from one main cast that cant be bad plus you could add the "comemorative editions"

Great to see the 7810SJ. Only I hope that UH gets rid of the awfull bars besides the grill. Maybe something left of a frontloader of the measured tractor or a fronthitch attachment. And why did they alter the bonnet. Every 7810SJ I know of has the bulge on the side above the alternator... But it will be a hit all the way ;D

7810sj.jpg

Picture of the 7810SJ of a friend of mine.

I remember reading in Classic tractor a couple of years back when a 7810sj had sold for "silly money" that when the silver tractor was launched dealers didnt want to know! And for a long while Ford struggled to sell them such was the lack of popularity of the silver livery.  I remember two farmers in the local area bought one and both kept theirs for a good 10 years.

Personally at the time of its release I thought it looked "tacky" and wasnt surprised when the biggest local farmer bought three "blue ones" instead of silver, however now 20 years and more have passed and silver is ever more popular this predictable release from UH does look quite nice ;)

The 7810 rear drawbar is stored on the side of the engine when the pick up hitch is used. As the tractor is using it's pick up hitch then the drawbar is correctly attached to the front side of the tractor. Is the bonnet bulge to do with the tractors having air conditioning?

Great model for them to release as as stated by many when released to celebrate 25 years of Basildon tractor production nobody wanted one. Dealers were pressured to have at least one to sell and they often exhibited it on the show stand at the local agricultural show. If Ford had sold many then their present value and desirability would be much lower. 

Does anyone know if the 1250 duals are removable?

a very fine model the seat cushions look blueish??? that would be wrong, also has pointed out the clevis drawbar was removed when using pick up hitch. the trouble is the one shown on the tractor is a longer drawbar for a two wheel drive tractor . fwd tractors had a short drawbar because the fourwheel drive transfer box.

The 7810 rear drawbar is stored on the side of the engine when the pick up hitch is used. As the tractor is using it's pick up hitch then the drawbar is correctly attached to the front side of the tractor. Is the bonnet bulge to do with the tractors having air conditioning?

Dead on....

a very fine model the seat cushions look blueish??? that would be wrong, also has pointed out the clevis drawbar was removed when using pick up hitch. the trouble is the one shown on the tractor is a longer drawbar for a two wheel drive tractor . fwd tractors had a short drawbar because the fourwheel drive transfer box.

I'm sure we had a pretty long clevis drawbar on ours, not stumpy like the one we have on the 6030....? Long time ago no mind you....!

The seat would / should have been a black upholstered Grammer....

all ford 10 series with four wheel drive had two stumpy drawbars one as clevis hitch and one as pick up hitch, the long drawbar couldnt be used pushed right in as the drop box wasin the way. the long drawbar could be used as just that! eg a long drawbar for balers and pto driven implements. the combination of a short drawbar and a long drawbar was the only way to get a wide range of drawbar lengths. two wheeldrive tractors had a long reversible drawbar with clevis hitch one end and pick up hitch hook on the other end.

;D we use to get people using the stumpy clevis drawbar as a pickup hitch, to save changing over to the hook. it of course stuck out further often caused tractors to bounce on the road and often resulted in shearing off the pick up hitch/drawbar bolts undernath the tractor resulting in carnage. eg leaving drawbar aND TRAILER BEHIND ITS AMAZING HOW FAR HYDRAULIC PIPES CAN STRETCH :D . EVEN SEEN THE WHOLE BACK END RIPPED OUT OF A 7810.

;D we use to get people using the stumpy clevis drawbar as a pickup hitch, to save changing over to the hook. it of course stuck out further often caused tractors to bounce on the road and often resulted in shearing off the pick up hitch/drawbar bolts undernath the tractor resulting in carnage. eg leaving drawbar aND TRAILER BEHIND ITS AMAZING HOW FAR HYDRAULIC PIPES CAN STRETCH :D . EVEN SEEN THE WHOLE BACK END RIPPED OUT OF A 7810.

I can't even bring myself to imagine that.... it's too traumatic.... poor old thing....  :'(  :laugh: