UH New Releases 2010

AJH

we have seen Britain's do the number error before in a catolouge ,and even model form ,the 7200 combine for instance , wonder if that's why their version has  been delayed, maybe they heard about the uh version, so have gone bigger? ??? might explain the nearly 1 year delay in it seeing as it was meant to be a 2009 one

as for exclusivity, i doubt any ome would allow that as such now, not even JD are exclusive to RC2 anymore, siku do them, and i would not mind betting uh are looking at rights for them to, 

Fair point Sean, and not for the first time on a Massey... it's a long tradition... 590 / 595 anyone..?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I wont be getting the silver spray can out as the jubilee model looks cr*p!

I remember that Fords salesmen had a hell of a job shifting the real size silver models as everyone prefered the blue version ;)

The 7810 if its blue will be a must have for me as ive been praying for sometime that the classic Ford tractors of the late 80s would start to get modelled by UH :)  With talk of a TW from britains and who knows perhaps UH will make an 8210 as well ::)  One things for sure the 7810 will be a massive seller so lucrative follow ups are certain :D

Not only the Massey is strange to be produced by someone other then Britains, but the New Holland being made by UH is also quite strange as i assumed Britains/Ertl/RC2 would have the exclusive rights and only ROS(being italian and having long bonds with the Fiat concern) was allowed to make a model every now and then of New Holland. Certainly as Ertl will be releasing a NH T7030 pretty soon in 1:32

Neither MF nor Ford/New Holland have ever granted an exclusive licence to a single toy/model manufacturer.  Historically only Ertl had exclusive licences for IH and John Deere, but of course Siku now have a limited licence from JD Germany,  and Scale Models have had a licence for some Case-IH products in the past.

It is not unusual for the same machine to be modelled by more than one toy manufacturer at the same time (look through the Britains and Siku catalogues over the years and you will see several occassions when both have issued a model of basically the same machine (Renault 145, NH 35 series, MF7000 series combine spring to mind for a start).

i heard the massey was going to be a 7499
I think the catalogue says 7480' date=' so assume its that  [img alt=;D]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/grin.gif
It does, it is...and remember, Andy has seen it  ;)     
wonder if that's why their version has  been delayed' date=' maybe they heard about the uh version, so have gone bigger? [img alt=???]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/huh.gif
or gone better ???  8) 
no doubt a silver one will soon follow' date=' although the 7810 is great news for the model world in my opinion it was a bucket of crap compared to 7910.:-\ ) 
7810 in any colour will be tremendously popular no doubt, as was the real one (not sure how it was a "bucket of crap" compared with 7910 which I regarded as pointless - it was simply an 8210 with the pump turned down a bit, and most folk simply opened them up again when the warranty expired. Desperately slow on the road too

i do not think britains will go better than uh,thats not their market afterall, they are toys not models, but  i could see them thinking why complete, just swap the model number and  go to the bigger shark side grill version, have your own market, not complete with uh at all 

but to be honest i would say ones been misnumbered? in the release docs / info out, can not honestly see both doing the same modle number, whats the point afterall

i was on about the uh version ploughmaster

Ahh, sorry, my misunderstanding  :-[ .  Everywhere is quoting the UH as being a 7480 too though, so we shall see.

i do not think britains will go better than uh' date='thats not their market afterall, they are toys not models, but  i could see them thinking why complete, just swap the model number and  go to the bigger shark side grill version, have your own market, not complete with uh at all 

but to be honest i would say ones been misnumbered? in the release docs / info out, can not honestly see both doing the same modle number, whats the point afterall

I agree, they won't be in the same market; the UH is going to be double the list price of the Britains one from the prices I've seen quoted so far. 

I would expect both will most likely be the up to date version  :-\

ploughmaster the 7810 had a huge following, however the one my brother drove was constantly over heating, the fitters at the dealership said everyone that they sold was the same however the 7910 had a better cooling system, not relevant in this topic i know but thought i would share my opinion.

The release of this model will be a huge hit, watch the sales figures!!!!!! i reckon it could be UHs biggest seller ever.

ploughmaster the 7810 had a huge following, however the one my brother drove was constantly over heating, the fitters at the dealership said everyone that they sold was the same however the 7910 had a better cooling system, not relevant in this topic i know but thought i would share my opinion.

The release of this model will be a huge hit, watch the sales figures!!!!!! i reckon it could be UHs biggest seller ever.

They could get hot, moving the lights off the grill helped a bit [like some of the export versions had].

I'd agree that it was the 7910 which was something of an elephant in the corner compared to the 7810, seemed a bit pointless to me, I wasn't a massive fan of the 8210 either to be honest, they were always referred to as 'Camel' or 'Donkey' round here, big, awkward and slow... the 7810 was far more popular, still front line machines on many farms round here too.... Can't wait to see the UH model, 'dreams come true' is the best way to descibe it I think....

Forget about spraying one silver.... who will be the first to cut one down and do a 7610..???  :laugh:

Jeeeeez those last few pages have been a punishing read.... It's just a load of models!!!!!!  ::)

7810 - Great choice.

MF - Great Choice.

6020 with loader - Great Choice.

After numerous releases of model machinery that suited the more 'continental' pretend farmer; at last some tractors which were, possibly will be and currently are massively popular!! Well done UH, no doubt one or maybe two of these will arrive at Leverets Farm one day..... Whatever happend to Leverets Farm?  :-\ :-[

Jeeeeez those last few pages have been a punishing read.... It's just a load of models!!!!!!  ::)

7810 - Great choice.

MF - Great Choice.

6020 with loader - Great Choice.

After numerous releases of model machinery that suited the more 'continental' pretend farmer; at last some tractors which were, possibly will be and currently are massively popular!! Well done UH, no doubt one or maybe two of these will arrive at Leverets Farm one day..... Whatever happend to Leverets Farm?  :-\ :-[

Oh yeah, Leverets, I remember that.... welcome to the world of home rennovation..... you don't have time to shower never mind have a life!  :laugh:

Wow........And here's me trying to save money  ::) ........Nice to see the likes of a 6020 withloader, much more suitable for the smaller livestock carpet farmer and the 7810's a nice surprise and the MF well what more can i say........ ;)

It does make you wonder if UH actually do research the market by trawling this site doesn't it...  ???  Seems too much of a coincidence!  :laugh:

When SEM first designed the 7810 (7910 engine in 7610 chassis) they made three prototypes, one with a LP cab and one with SQ cab and both had four-wheel drive and ZF frontaxles. Another prototype was a two-wheel drive and less cab. A pre build tractor for the 1987 Smithfield show had a Carraro frontaxle and a SQ-cab on it.

The production version was launched in March 1987.