Case ih 856xl

well got some shed time today so been working on one of the manus kits i bought a while back, staying with the 2wd version but right now i am kind of stuck and need help,the kit was supplied as a french 944s , but i  was aiming to get it to be a 885xl,but i think the bonnet may be to long ??? ??? . its only a 4 cylinder block, but when i look at pictures the thing just doesnt look right to me, the rear arches and cab are of his other 1455xl kit, with a lot of chopping to the arches on both kits i have used the 944 floorpan with its mouldings and the xl cabs archs cut and fitted to them, along with the front bonnet surround from the 944 cab to,

before i go to far i just need to know would it pass as a 855xl or do i need to number it something else instead??

007-10.jpg

009-5.jpg

012-3.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the arches come out of the cab no more than 5 to 6 inches

if you can call them arches they are basicaly a clip on piece of plastic

just to look good cosmeticaly maybe save  some flying debris from the rear wheels if you look closely as for bonnet it looks just a shade too long sean as i think the 4wd bonnet is slighty shorter than the 2wd

for some reason but only by 3 or 4 inches

have you got a ertl IH 784 at all to use as lengh referance as that is basicaly the same lengh as on the 4wd  ;)

shes looking bl00dy good though mate  ;) ;) ;) ;) 

post-15-132639192993_thumb.jpg

well the wheels first

front will stay as per with the uh ergos ones, rears i am loking at, i want the hubs ( uh mc105 centers)as they match a few i have seen, but aint happy with the tyres that come with it, they are to small, hence the current ertl jd4020 tyres on them, only ones i have to fit right now, need to look at the uh mc115 poss for bigger ones??

as for length

i dont have a ertl one to gauge it against, i think i might be able to cut the chassis lenght down a little to allow the bonnet to come in shorter to, the bonnet being the easy bit to do mind , i do need to cut the cab end off as i know the dash is wrong for it at present

i dont think it will pass as a 956 2wd would it seeing as the blocks a 4 cy i thought they were 6's ??

Very good start Sean, I agree that it would look better as an 856 or maybee even an 844. The kit you have got has the right style front axle and bolster for these models, the 885 2wd had a different axle etc.

The 844 would need the side panels of the engine to go further back sloping the other way, same as the 956 acouple of post ago.

got a few good pics of 2wd 856's now, will have the same archs as the pic i posted as i want a early version hence the bonnet  will leave the 4wd to the 1455 kit i have but that needs a lot more improvment work ,will sort the arches at the weekend and hopefully have the doors working to , then i need to order a pma rear hitch as i thought i had one but clealry aint as i cant find it for the hell of me in the shed >:( >:(>:(