favourite tractor of the 90's....

neilw

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

i know i said the 3000 masseys but ought to add the deutz 4.70 was probably the gutiest 4cyl tractor i've driven bar none, also got to love the 6.05 & the 6.30 awsome sound & a nice drive to also loved the fendt 612 i used to drive as well 

I really liked the MF399.

But another really good tractor built in the 90's has to be the Genesis series .

Probably the best New Hollands ever built. The JD 7010 series is another great tractor series. tough and reliable.

My favorite though are the Fendt Varios 900 and 700 series. Real technologigal breaktrough tractors with instant reliability. A joy to drive and lots of power.

I really liked the MF399.

We had one too and I did like it as well, sort of out of the same mould as a Zetor Crystal - basic but pulled well.

However for me it has to be the MF 3000s for all the reasons already mentioned.  :D

• 3 weeks later...

Zetor 9540 spent many a hour on my dads and passed my tractor test on one :)

what a lovely memory to have... has dad still got it nalliwa ???

My advice, if he hasn't... track it down... buy it and keep it in a barn - when you reach my age (old farts age) you'll be glad you did... restore her and take her on road runs and things  ;)

i hope i am in the right decade (fingers crossed)

so for me it would have to be the ford 7810 and the john deere 3350

sorry marky i can't remenber a good massy  :laugh:

i used to drive a 175 with a loader, that was a great little tractor, and then there was the 595 now the less said the better

sorry marky ;D ;D

Ford 10-series date from 1980-1985 there and about.. So wrong decade  ;)

However another Ford is definately my number one from the 1990's ... A Ford 8670 .. the whole 70-series are fantastic and it is a pity they had to sell the Genesis/70-series when Case and New Holland mergered.. It was a good model after the bad 60- and 35- series.. HP range was very high though, so not many found their way to the farms, most went to contractors and know quite a few that still use these beauties even while they upgraded their lot of 30+ tractors nearly completely by now.. (with NH T-series and Fendt 900/700 series)

Well even though I weren't very old when my dad had one, has to be the case 5100 series  ;D he had a 5130 and 5140 as far as I know hardly had a problem with either of them. Hopefully next year he will buy me one, well that's the plan anyway  ;D

our 5140 is in thw workshop just now getting mostly all new parts on her and a re-spray  :P

what a lovely memory to have... has dad still got it nalliwa ???

My advice, if he hasn't... track it down... buy it and keep it in a barn - when you reach my age (old farts age) you'll be glad you did... restore her and take her on road runs and things  ;)

No he hasn't got it, it was sold and exported when he retired from farming in 2001 so might take a bit of tracking down!!! I used to love driiving it straight through exhaust from turbo sounded great :)

I know i said the CASE CX 100 but in reality it has to be

the JD 2850 it was good for anything from pulling a 4 furrow dowswell

to spraying,fert,round bailing,potao haulage all this from a loader tractor

.............cant be bad it did everything the JD 3350 did "and then some"

a real tough little pocket rocket and i would have it over any case ,this sounds

bad but there was nothing this machine couldent do its well worth spraying

one up as a IH any day  ;D ;D ;D ;D    i still love the IH and CASE's  :-*:-*