• john deere 7930
    • massey 7499
    • new holland T6090
    • case cvx 225

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good that you found Jez's topic Paul theres loads of good stuff in there for reference.

Are you concreting all of the chipboard flooring near your buildings as it looks a big space

yeah jamie just concreting a yard the other areas of chipboard will be a few fields

tris used polly filler and tapped it into lines with a lolly stick i belive, having seen it in the flesh it works really well, but does take time, i use a fine model rail limestone effect balast,m pva it down then rolled it with a rolling pin from the kitchen(shes not seeing this reply mind ;D ;D ) then sealed it with a pva water mix, as its a fine one to start with, and once crushed with the pin it does work, i poss should have put some wood expansion stips in at the time, but its to late for that now 

The Plastikote stuff in my opinion makes a better compacted stone, like a hardcore or scalpings type finish. Tile grout from what others say works well with PVA mixed in for elasticity and ease of applying. The Polyfilla is good, quite quick really but it doesn't age terribly well. That said, mine is what four years old... some of it maybe anyway and it has held well. If you do it score the baseboard first. There is a How To Guide somewhere for it.

Your layout is nice, Paul. Much like a minimalist Velcourt arable yard would look. Will a grain dryer/drying floor shed come on somewhen?

The Plastikote stuff in my opinion makes a better compacted stone, like a hardcore or scalpings type finish. Tile grout from what others say works well with PVA mixed in for elasticity and ease of applying. The Polyfilla is good, quite quick really but it doesn't age terribly well. That said, mine is what four years old... some of it maybe anyway and it has held well. If you do it score the baseboard first. There is a How To Guide somewhere for it.

Your layout is nice, Paul. Much like a minimalist Velcourt arable yard would look. Will a grain dryer/drying floor shed come on somewhen?

yes tris grain store on there somewhere,sometime

tris used polly filler and tapped it into lines with a lolly stick i belive, having seen it in the flesh it works really well, but does take time, i use a fine model rail limestone effect balast,m pva it down then rolled it with a rolling pin from the kitchen(shes not seeing this reply mind ;D ;D ) then sealed it with a pva water mix, as its a fine one to start with, and once crushed with the pin it does work, i possible should have put some wood expansion stips in at the time, but its to late for that now

thanks sean going to go the plastikote route

• 2 weeks later...

right,as said concrete down,after all that i said i decided to go for tile grout mixed with water and pva not plastikote,sealed the tile grout today with pva,it might show in the pictures ,pva not completey dry,also the road is still wet,started weathering the concrete and buildings

post-1891-132639238457_thumb.jpg

post-1891-132639238462_thumb.jpg

couple more,even with the space i have still running out of room,opposite the buildings will be a couple of fields,or else all the machinery ive got will have nowhere to use it,again still loads to do,fencing to go up,diesel tanks to place in the yard,which i wont be getting until spalding in april which a kindly member  on here is picking up for me,also 2 chemical tanks to make

post-1891-132639238467_thumb.jpg

post-1891-132639238479_thumb.jpg

Coming along very very nicely, Paul. Are you enjoying it?  :)

I am tris, and apart from my love of all tractor machinery ,real or model ,im taking my time,not rushing,just like a jigsaw,all bits coming together,and being a member on here all the ideas and help from everybody

i can see it growing, tweaking,adding bits,the last time i had a layout like this was on my bedroom floor as a kid

That has turned out really smart Paul,I can see this has got the makings of a top quality layout.

Is the britains shed built up on blocks going to be your silage clamp as it looks pukka.

the one on blocks jamie will just be an implement shed,when i started i thought i had loads of space,but the yard seems to be taking all the room,i was going to have a contracting silage team but no room,ive got to leave some space for fields and a grain store,also not entirely happy with the block wall,its just mdf sprayed grey and the blocks drawn on with a ruler and black marker pen,as you can tell  done the upright block joints by hand not ruler

its takin shape nicely paul, it is supprising how quick your space soon becomes filled but then what there is gives many hours of fun working with and adding the fine detail still takes along time. keep them pictures coming