MJB 1 2720 & 2680

well after picking a candidate from 1 of 3 i decided to get the decals off a good one as the bonnet was in better condition the worst one has a landini 1000s grill glued on a magi-deutz air cleaner glued onto it & a glassless cab, the one i picked had the decals on the wrong way round . ::)

got the floorpan of & swapped it with one i painted black some years back for a cab refurb :)

last thing to do is get the cab looking a bit more realistic by using a marker pen & run it along the raised mouldings that are the window frames to get the rubber strip effect i also coloured the inside of the cab black (taking out the glass) the drivers door was also blacked as this is how i remember them in real life ?

the cab & wheels are coloured silver because they were bought during the time when britains were releasing them with white cabs & wheels? >:(

a few arty shots? :D

very nice mjb1 but where do you get the decals from

you could say they were a present from seanta xmas :D :D :D :D :D

just by changing the decals i recon the 27 looks bigger than the 26 :-\

even i must admit they make a great pair of models & i'm chuffed as nuts with them? :) i recon this tractor was one of the last great models to come from the older britains range

next up was the cleaning of the bonnet pannels ,as we all know you cannot remove thes decals without leaving some sticker glue behind :)

all polished up & ready for the new decals

That pollishing tool looks a bit tasty .What sort of too lis it ?

I would never have thought that the plastics could be pollished up so well .

just by changing the decals i recon the 27 looks bigger than the 26 :-\

even i must admit they make a great pair of models & i'm chuffed as nuts with them? :) i recon this tractor was one of the last great models to come from the older britains range

Great looking models Marcus .Well Done !

no just the dry buffing pad

thanks for all the good replies , thats the best thing about this place ...............you lot  :) :) :)

i was maybe thinking about using the wheels from a siku DEUTZ 210  for the 2720 to beef it up a bit :)

no just the dry buffing pad

thanks for all the good replies , thats the best thing about this place ...............you lot? :) :) :)

i was maybe thinking about using the wheels from a siku DEUTZ 210? for the 2720 to beef it up a bit :)

Now that would look the dogs swingy's that would ! - Interesting about the buffing - looks like a mirror finish Marcus - is it close up  ???

Now that would look the dogs swingy's that would ! - Interesting about the buffing - looks like a mirror finish Marcus - is it close up ???

as close as you're gonna getto it marky  :D :D :D  i don't want your dribble or drool messing my paintwork up :D :D :D :D :D