MJB 1 2720 & 2680

That's the lorry air intake (Magirus-Deutz etc)...no one seems to have answered the "custom" exhaust question. I sell official MF Silver Mist metallic for those of you wanting the right silver for these when customising, its not so bright, more greyish. We use it on the new Leyland/ Brays. :)

the turbo straight exhaust is a peice of single strand heavy duty electrical wire from cooker lead, bent into shape? & thats it .I have used this on a couple of fords as well & it doesnt look too bad .

the polishing / grinding tool was a xmas present from the wife for just this sort of thing with my tractor hobby? :o? :o (i nearly fell off my chair)

As far as i can tell? it's part of the? workshop range from WOOLWORTHS , it is variable speed all sorts of grinding & polishing attatchments? but has no cutting tools for it ,so will have to find some parts soon.

the bonnet was already shiney it was the old decal residue that was polished off as if you spend too much time trying to polish the plastic you take the glazed finish off .

yes i think the 27's did have a taller air cleaner but will have to find a pic to be sure ,Marky can you confirm this (should never have given my leaflets away? >:( )

Yes Marcus you are correct only the 27**'s had a pre-cleaner as standard - they could be ordered as an option on all models though for dusty conditions and they did suffer from Air Cleaner blockage in our area in dry years.  All the USA models, however only has a mushroom as standard (in 1978 at least - just looked at the book)

USA range at that time (for interest) was

2675 - 100hp - Nat Aspirated

2705 - 120hp - Turbo

2745 - 140hp - AV8 540 - NA

2775 - 160hp - AV8 640 - NA

2805 - 190hp - AV8 640 - Turbo - What a beast !!!

Was the air filter/intake that small on that model 2720, i remember the mf 2685 that i drove and it was a lot taller? not picking holes as great work just curious? ???

I thought all the 2**5 had tall pre cleaners and all the 2**0 had the mushroom type? Thats only from what I have seen in my mates yard though, he has ten all in all.

they look absolutely great. One thing that got me though about the decals and the glue-I've found if you use a hair drier on them first they come off without leaving those nasty glue marks-give it a go! ;D

Thats a great tip Rob, never have tried that  :D;)

Found a picture Marcus (of a 2725 - but same as 2720 for aircleaner purposes) - I was right - the pre-cleaner was offered as an option - other than that this stack type muchroom was the standard fitment.

The pre-cleaner did have a venruti pipe from it to the exhaust pipe I am sure... - Hope this helps mate  ;)

thanks deer-est ?;)

is that your phrase for today marky, 'spot on' :D :D :D :D ?that 200 drawbar ring's going to get some pounding if you want to keep hitching 100+ to it , i think you'll find the sales leaflet had the 2720 sporting a pre-filter & not the tower version like the one shown on the 2725