Is Zwolle the best Farm model show in Europe?

Hillview

I was impressed with Zwolle last week in terms of the high quality conversion and sratchbuilt models available and also the excellent detailed layouts on displays?

Is Zwolle the best farm model show in Europe? Can anyone recommend any other shows worth going that rival Zwolle in terms of dioramas?

I have no idea. I have never been to any farm model show anywhere. There are none around here, where I live.

But judging from the pictures I see from different shows on FTF I would have to say "yes".

I am harbouring a plan to start something here in my area, mind you it's a long term project. I think it is high time 1/32 scale gets more exposure in North America.

My Plan includes possibly selling britains and Siku models at a very good price to locals. Hoping to get lots of kids starting their own carpet farms with 1/32 models.

To do this, I reckon I will need to take a nice display to the local fairs and show them what could be done. Unfortunatly currently I do not have time to realize my pet project, but I will be working towards it very slowly.

I have no idea. I have never been to any farm model show anywhere. There are none around here, where I live.

But judging from the pictures I see from different shows on FTF I would have to say "yes".

I am harbouring a plan to start something here in my area, mind you it's a long term project. I think it is high time 1/32 scale gets more exposure in North America.

My Plan includes possibly selling britains and Siku models at a very good price to locals. Hoping to get lots of kids starting their own carpet farms with 1/32 models.

To do this, I reckon I will need to take a nice display to the local fairs and show them what could be done. Unfortunatly currently I do not have time to realize my pet project, but I will be working towards it very slowly.

sure if you cover the travel costs some of us will take our displays over to you

i agree and dis-agree with comments about zwolle being better than our shows. i have been to the shows in netherlands and was blown away by the shows stunning/awesome.  The thing to remember is different styles and practices of agriculture reflecting european farming. The machinery and displays depict this - so if one was to go you cannot compare like for like with  uk and irish farming/models.

only can compare Zwolle with Spalding as i have been to both. seen pictures of Toytrac.

The Zwolle show is huge, the biggest in Europe, i am pretty sure of that! But i have seen layouts of Toytrac that were really stunning and think there is not that much difference with what was to be seen at Zwolle in terms of quality. in terms of kwantity, Zwolle is of course much bigger. Also the diversity of models for sale as much bigger. However, smaller shows surely have their charme and most of the time you will see scratch built models and customs that reflect the local agriculture so in itself every show is different from the next. I can only recommend going to shows, as you will meet many enthusiast that love the hobby atleast as much as you yourself do, and sometimes you find some really nice (bargains) additions for your collection. Also it is nice to meet face to face with forummembers from around the globe.

only thing about having the biggest show in the country it may not be the best i think your better having a smaller show with good displays and models rather than having a big shed full of, of the shelf models or poor quaility scracth builds do think far to many model shows appearing and all they are is toy fairs

question is how can you tell if zwolle is the best if you havnt been to the others on offer?? or have you hillview???, every show has its good points and bad, so can be hard to say whats the best, both the main uk shows are very hard to seperate now, toytrac and spalding following toytracs new venue,

I agree with Sean, Only people who have been to each show can say which is best?  :-\

Me only being to National Mini Trac and Moira, can't comment but going by photos the like of Toytrac and spalding look way ahead of both!

Hopefully next year i'll get about a bit more  :of  ;D

I guess the problem here is the very definition of the word 'best' - one persons perception of a show will be different to another's...

I personally don't enjoy Spalding as much as I do Toytrac... but maybe it's because Spalding is a short car journey away... and Toytrac is an overnighter with beer and good company for the evening before  :-\

I guess the problem here is the very definition of the word 'best' - one persons perception of a show will be different to another's...

I personally don't enjoy Spalding as much as I do Toytrac... but maybe it's because Spalding is a short car journey away... and Toytrac is an overnighter with beer and good company for the evening before  :-\

I thought you were going to come to Spalding the night before this spring or have you chickened out  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The best show for me is one that I can get to, so Zwolle and Ireland are out of the question at the present time  :'( :'( :'( maybe at some time in the future I will be able to go but at the moment I will just have to look on here and see the photos  :-\ :-\ ;D ;D

Well the Zwolle show is big! but i heard that France is closing in whit their show!

Not a problem for the LCN because if they can continue this event like it is now they don´t have a problem whit losing the crown!

I think every show has his good and bad points!

Last year i went to Lochristi that where their first show and i touhgt it where great in every way.

They realy looked good at the details to organize the show!

Bud every show had his charme ;)