TW-35 w/Howard muckspreader

TW-35 w/Maschio power harrow

TW-35 w/three of the implements above, I forget which one was left out

County w/animal trailer

County w/New Holland 940 baler

The full list I think is:

9321  Ford TW35 (1987 to 1990)

9321  Ford 8830 (1991 only)

9322  New Holland Power TR96 Combine (1988 to 1989)

9323  Claas Jaguar Forage Harvester (1988 only)

9324  County 1884 (1989 to 1991)

9341  Vicon Multi-Spreader (1987 to 1991)

9342  Howard Rotaspreader 155 (1987 to 1991)

9343  Maschio Power Harrow (1988 to 1991)

9381  Ford TW35 & Vicon Multi-Spreader (1987 to 1990)

9381  Ford 8830 & Vicon Multi-Spreader (1991 only)

9382  Ford TW35 & Howard Rotaspreader (1987 to 1990)

9382  Ford 8830 & Howard Rotaspreader (1991 only)

9383  Ford TW35 & Vicon KM321 Mower (1987 to 1988)

9384  Ford TW35 & Maschio Power Harrow (1988 to 1990)

9384  Ford 8830 & Maschio Power Harrow (1991 only)

9385  County 1884 & Salop MT50 Animal Trailer (1989 to 1991)

9386  County 1884 & New Holland 940 Baler (1989 to 1991)

9390  Ford TW35, Vicon Multi-Spreder, Howard Rotaspreader & Vicon KM321 Mower (1987 to 1988)

9391  Ford TW35, Vicon Multi-Spreader, Howard Rotaspreader & Maschio Power Harrow (1989 only)

Plus the Powerfarm Rolling Road Display with the TW35 and Howard Rotaspreader (the tractor differed in that it had no motor in it, and was held in place on the belt by a piece of velcro under the front weights.

The Ford changed to the 8830 by use of a new bonnet side decal and use of the darker black/grey grille decal from the County (although some 8830s do exist with the grey/white TW35 grille decal).

As FNHIR says, the PowerFarm County was white.  The unpowered one was yellow, and genuine powered yellow ones (or unpowered white ones) are not known to my knowledge (I mention this as there seems to have been a tendency in recent years for some folk to swap various Britains parts around and then try to claim them as factory variations).

The forage harvester was only ever badged as 'Claas Jaguar' whilst in the PowerFarm range.  The '690' designation was only added to the decal when it became the unpowered version (9573) in 1992.

Not all of the Howard Rotaspreaders had the lid decal fitted, and there are two types of power shaft for both this and the Multi-Spreader; one is a simple yellow hollow plastic tube (similar to the pipe used on the Wright Rain Irrigator), and later models had a yellow solid but flexible moulded shaft with a wider hollow section at each end to fit onto tractor and machine.  As far as I am aware, the Maschio Power Harrow only had the later type.

Just to add to ploughmasters post, the 'rolling road' display TW35 had a Howard  rotaspreader coupled to them. These spreaders were a darker colour orange than the later ones, I have two pairs of these tractors and the spreaders. I knew they came from the rolling road shop display but always wondered why there was a strip of velcro under the weigts, now I know why.

Did not know 8830 was available in box set, Hard enough to find Boxed on their own these days!! A bit more info, three versions of Tw35 were available firstly the 1987 version, 1988 had clips added to bonnet and 1989 was same as 88 but with glazed cab and revised rear insert. Boxes also changed from white background in 87/88 to yellow in 89. Have a rolling road for sale if anyone is interested?

The rolling roads were used in the shops as POS items and showed the tractor in use.  Although it was used to show the PowerFarm tractor in use, it actually used a standard TW-35 tractor with a Howard Rota Spreader in a stationery position and the road moved beneath it, on a conveyor belt which gave the impression that the tractor was driving along as the wheels turned.  I may be wrong but as far as I know these only had the TW-35 and the spreader - no other Powerfarm item was displayed on them.

Again, I may be wrong but I think they were out between 1988 - 90 or thereabouts

Welcome to the forum Robploughing (I think I recognise your name from eBay :) )  Thanks for the information.

Although it was used to show the PowerFarm tractor in use' date=' it actually used a standard TW-35 tractor [/quote']

It did in fact use a PowerFarm TW35, but with no motor (its wheels being driven by the belt and the spreader being driven by the belt via its wheel driveline.  It had all the external features of the powered tractor: the engine casting on/off switch, pto shaft and pto switch lever.

There was no 'standard' TW35 as the non powered one was a TW25 (and any unpowered TW35s you may see will most probably have had a bonnet swap).

The TW35 supplied with the display has no internal electrics (no motor or contacts for a battery) so the tractor and the spreader were driven by the belt.  The belt itself was powered by the motor under the display (from the mains via a two pin adaptor). 

The spreader wheels drove the rotor via the normal drive from the axle (the Powerfarm versions had a ratchet type mechanism introduced into the drive from the axle to allow it to turn independently when the tractor power shaft was used, but still drive the rotor from the wheels when used behind a non Powerfarm tractor.

The plastic tab held the tractor in place via a velcro pad on the end of it which fastens to the velcro pad under the front weights (see the third pic). 

I only recall seeing two in use in shops.  One was in Townsends in Burleigh street, Cambridge,  I can't remember where the other was.