TopTractor

hody21

Anybody know anything about whats happening with them. There website isn't working properly and they have nothing on eBay. I think I can remember him telling me they were planning a new website some time ago so maybe that's why there is no activity. Anybody know anything?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently bought the Profarm Bonnell cultivator from Ebay through TopTractor, after 3 weeks I hadn't received it so I emailed and one arrived within days. I know others have had their problems with him and I have found him aloof in the past but I can't fault him this time. He emailed me and said that the Post Office had lost the first one which is why he sent the second.

Dear robbo2011,

Hi, i know i sent another as RM claimed they could not find the ist ? Cheers

- toptractoruk

Send him a message, you might get a favourable response :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

All of the recent negative feedback is from one buyer, the rest is fine. I'm awaiting something from him at the moment. Got a mail earlier in the week saying he'd been ill but they may just be a smoke screen. I'll wait a few more days and see what happens and if nothing arrives then I'll escalate...........other dealers can be slow to deliver as well.

I'm sure Geoff (remember he is a member on here) or Peter will fill us all in with the details as they are available ;) 

Its never a good idea to spread or comment on rumours on someones business as it can cause grief to all those concerned ;)

I was in a similar position to people above, ordering items in early Janurary and didn't get them, to geoff defense he didn't have them in stock and tried to get them, he couldn't so refunded me,

Another note which Geoff mentioned to me, he works another job as well!!! though if he mentioned this on his website i'm sure people would be more understanding.

my two cents (for what its worth)

Noel

Message received this morning:

'sorry to say Toptractor has ceased trading, however your purchase is ok as its a sold item but at moment all is held until I can get things sorted, but please be assured I will get this item sent to you and keep you updated'.

A sad day for the hobby.

Suspect anyone with outstanding orders with TT needs to check how they stand. Mine was an eBay buy so I'll wait a while and see then if necessary raise a claim on eBay/PayPal if nothing is forthcoming.

I'm only the messenger in this.....I used to have frequent contact with Geoff and was heavily involved in building his website. However 15 months ago he decided on a business direction and I haven't spoken to him or had any contact with him since except as a very occasional customer. To me it would appear that the business decision and the economic climate have caused TT's demise.

I was told that Geoff had ceased trading quite some time ago now from other traders and suppliers, perhaps it's an unfortunate inevitability of the current economic climate and the vast amount of competition in the model market coupled with the recent increases in price from the manufacturers, importers and suppliers to the trade as they now want payment 'upfront' or on delivery for consignments which for a lot of traders is getting harder to do. Most are now cutting back on their stock orders and only holding what they are reasonably confident in selling according to their regular customer base.

I have purchased from Geoff both privately and through eBay and been in direct contact with him frequently in the past and had always found him a really good person to deal with, totally honest and most accommodating.

Geoff, if you are reading this, we will all miss your friendly business and whatever the future holds may you be truly happy and successful.

just like the choice of models has increased over the last few years so have the number of  dealers, however the number of collectors hasnt, im surprised how they all keep going???

As said in previous post all best for the future Geoff.

Rumours and hearsay!!! its good to aware of what maybe happening especially when hard earnt money is at stake.

I spoke to Geoff the other week and he wasn't negative about the hobby he purely said unlike other traders he did toptractor full time and as we all have seen there has been a slump in demand. this slump whilst ok for people doing it on the side wont support someone and their family. As far as he hinted it may not be a permanent thing, but until he has sorted himself with work which will substitute toptractor (turning it into a sideline) he would be cutting back. In the short term i think he probably needs to concentrate on earning money elsewhere until this silly recession finishes. I'm sure if you give him a ring he will be able to supply you with a model but people buy online and expect it the next day which is totally unrealistic at the best of times let alone when you have a 9-5 job also.

So all the best Geoff and I hope that Toptractor starts again soon as I have been buying the majority of models from him over the past few years, at least it may give me a time to scale back my spending either that or I better just give someone else my credit card details ::) ::)::) ::)::)