TopTractor

hody21

I bought quite a bit of stuff off Geoff, as with others some via eBay and some direct. I had several conversations over the phone and while he didn't seem to be a naturally gregarious chap he was always pleasant and straight with me. Some things I bought off him took a while to arrive but from memory I'm sure he said back then he was processing a lot of orders and just had one large collection every Saturday so an eBay win on a Saturday afternoon would be a week before it was even collected?

Top Tractor was always one of the slickest of all the model websites and one of my first ports of call to see when a new model was available. I think on the odd occassion the 'in stock' tag might not have been 100% accurate all the time but overall I thought TT was one of the better shops and was, along with G&M and Farm Models, my preferred supplier. It's a bloody shame Geoff can't get it to work and I wish him all the best but sadly I'm not surprised, the world and his wife can set up selling models online as a hobby now and undercut the more established traders. I'm not saying that's a particularly bad thing but it's a shame when this happens.

Raise a glass for Q chaps!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest Update

I orderd 2 items from TT early January and didn't receive them, long story short, Geoff said he would refund me!

I paid through Paypal and iniated a dispute, got an email from paypal this morning, I'm not very impressed  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

Have got onto Credit Card company and hopefully they will get a resolution!!!

Dear Noel

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer

Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favour, however, we were unable to recover any

funds from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement,

recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in

question if they become available in the seller's account in the future,

and will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may

include issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the

account. Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors, including

member complaints, to determine when to take action. Due to privacy laws,

we cannot discuss the details of any action taken. We hope you understand

our policy and that it reassures you that you are safe using PayPal.

Noel. If you can't get anywhere with PayPal, and this goes for any credit card payment, if you payed through a buisness account credit or debit card then take it up with the card issuing bank but make sure that you have printed paperwork concerning your purchase and the payment details.

Noel. If you can't get anywhere with PayPal, and this goes for any credit card payment, if you payed through a buisness account credit or debit card then take it up with the card issuing bank but make sure that you have printed paperwork concerning your purchase and the payment details.

Thanks for advice

Have spoken to my Credit Card company and explained my predicament, They are sending me claim forms.

I've every piece of documentation printed just incase  ;)

HI ALL,JUST OFF THE PHONE WITH PAYPAL AS I HAVE ALSO OPENED A CASE AS GEOFF SUGGESTED,THE PERSON THAT I SPOKE TO ASSURED ME IF THE CASE GOES IN MY FAVOUR THAT THEY {PAYPAL} WILL REFUND THE MONEY??.I BOUGHT A LOT OF MODELS OF GEOFF AND ALTHOUGH THE POSTAGE WAS VERY SLOW THE MODELS WERE EXCELLENT.IM REALLY DISPOINTED WITH WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO SAY THE LEAST.UNFORTUNATELY MY ACCOUNT IS VERIFIED AND THE MONEY COMES STRAIGHT FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT SO I THINK I HAVE NO CHANCE OF GETTING A REFUND. >:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:( .

Colin. If you refer back a page to my post to Noel, if you have paid by Debit card from your bank account you will also need to take it up with your card issuer. read the post I have refered to.

i  know for a fact debit cards are not  covered tim, i had a similar issue when the holiday company we used went bust 1 week after we had paid in full via my debit card, bank told me very very clearly that it wasnt covered, only the banks (or others) credit cards are subject to that repay system,

scared the hell out of me after just paying 2 k out,luckly the actuall holiday company we had booked with via the agent took the seller to court, so we still had our holiday luckly

The thing that annoys me the MOST is the fact that he still took orders on his website when he clearly knew the position he was in!!! he said in an email that he will refund me, but paypal said otherwise this morning.

Utterly discusted!!!

rant over

Know what you're saying Sean but in these cases I think it depends on the company that issue the card, if the bank is using the issuer as an agent and not the card issuer themselves then you can have problems. Some banks, in with the card charges usually but not always, if it's the banks own card, include an insurance for these things and usually you are covered up to the maximum limit on your card. Having said that, different banks have different policies on this subjet. Dig out all the bumph that came with the card when you had it and read the small print, all 10 or more pages.

was the banks own card tim, and i  100% sure we were not covered, we even went to cab to double check till the holiday company got back to us and told us that they were honouring the booking and dealing themselfs

as the C A B them selfs told us, confirming what the bank told me , only credit cards are covered, no debit/ cash or cheque payments get refunded, except via a administrator if it gets to that stage

this was only july just gone when harveys world travel went under, so the law hasnt changed that quick

was the banks own card tim, and i  100% sure we were not covered, we even went to cab to double check till the holiday company got back to us and told us that they were honouring the booking and dealing themselfs

as the C A B them selfs told us, confirming what the bank told me , only credit cards are covered, no debit/ cash or cheque payments get refunded, except via a administrator if it gets to that stage

this was only july just gone when harveys world travel went under, so the law hasnt changed that quick

you are right sean,only creditcards are covered

I bought some stuf from Geoff and even when it was sent to the wrong address (50-50 split as to fault on that) he was straight with me, and when it was returned to him he got it straight out to me at no extra cost. Im sure he would not be taking peoples money knowing he was not going to supply the goods for what ever reason. Good luck to those trying to get refunds, and good luck Geoff what ever he ends up doing.

you are right sean,only creditcards are covered

blimey paul you replied to a quote without replying in the quote  :of :of

well done mate  :) :)

An update from today - and closure of my part/issue with this topic and TopTractor.

I today received, as promised by Geoff, my outstanding eBay purchase.  Many, many thanks Geoff.

From what I understand Geoff is attempting to sort out as much of the outstanding items as he can. The TT eBay account hasn't been closed and the website is still active. So TT may be back at some point in the future.

Quite clearly he ISN'T sorting out my issue!!!

He said he would refund me for items he didn't have in stock!!! still no refund! opened a dispute with paypal, they sided with me but couldn't get me my money back! so has he gone bust and can't afford to pay people back?

Quite clearly he ISN'T sorting out my issue!!!

He said he would refund me for items he didn't have in stock!!! still no refund! opened a dispute with paypal, they sided with me but couldn't get me my money back! so has he gone bust and can't afford to pay people back?

I know it's frustrating Noel but if Geoff has folded, it looks like he's doing his best to sort people out as fast as he can, and he'll be far more out of pocket than you. I don't know the value of your purchase, but look on the brightside, it's only money and it's not like it's hundreds, just tell yourself you went out on a really big bender and can't remember how much you spent!  :laugh:

I think Geoff is choosing to ignore some people Peter... perhaps he felt indebted to you in some way.  I've sent him a message with no reply.  In situations like this it is best to face your creditors head on and not to cave in to the temptation to bury your head in the sand and hope all the problems magically go away.

Claims of illness, postal losses etc do nothing to add to someones credability in a situation like this.

I don't wish anyone any ill.. its a shame to see Geof's hard efforts turn to dust.. but the way in which things are handled make a great deal of difference to how palatable loosing your money to a liquidated traders business can be.

I must point out that Geof does not owe me money or models thankfully.  The rumour mill was working long before this happened.

There is an old saying in business that turnover is for vanity... profit is for sanity.. I suspect that may well be quite apt in this instance.  RIP Toptractor... lets not see it back unless all it's current creditors are happy first.

What rose tinted spectacles?  That remark is uncalled for and I resent that being said, particular by a moderator..............................

Moderation doesn't mean that I am not entitled to my opinion.. so resent away... I stand by my comments. 

Go have a read on BFF and see what the state of play is with Top Tractor.

An update from today - and closure of my part/issue with this topic and TopTractor.

I today received, as promised by Geoff, my outstanding eBay purchase.  Many, many thanks Geoff.

From what I understand Geoff is attempting to sort out as much of the outstanding items as he can. The TT eBay account hasn't been closed and the website is still active. So TT may be back at some point in the future.

Putting myself in a similar and hyperthetical position, should my business I run on my own fold infront of me I think I would have a serious look at why and possibly not start up a similar business again!! Now, all this talk of it being a great shame for the hobby and all that doesn't wash with me I'm afraid. Simply because other traders have been around for up to 25 YEARS!! You don't remain in business for 25yrs by fluke, it only comes with hard work, good judgement and a great deal of honesty and knowledge. There are plenty of companies out there the world over who sell farm models, some may not be the cheapest but then they arn't out to compete with anyone. They have their customers, they have their competitors and all parties seem to do just fine. Buyers after a cheap bargain are as bad as the sellers out to undercut the competition.

Some business men run their business like pushing an air bubble over pins. They hurt themselves the whole time they do it and in the end, it all goes pop anyway!

A shame for anyone to lose their home and or belongings or indeed anything else on a personal level but it's all cause and effect.

Anyone at a loss this time can only have learned a hard lesson and possibly think again about who they buy from.