BA Stores 7th Annual Working Weekend - 15th & 16th May 2010

BC

There certainly looks to be a lot more different activities at this event to what you normally see Bill. Thanks for sharing the pictures  :)

What motor is fitted to the leyland doing the pulling ? and will the backend take it  :laugh:

It is probably the best all round rally in Scotland Mark. The first year we got a Polo shirt and was dated 2003 which would make this the 8th on but is advertised as the 7Th so someone may have gone 2010 -2003 = 7 I just don't know ;) ;)

Ever year Allan Brownie adds something new. This year it was the model boating pond which will be a permanent thing for a model boat club. Also paint balling was another new thing this year.In addition learn to drive a tractor for over 13 year old's and also Graham Hill and Alex Steele with their "pirate pullers". They have no rules and don't compete and it is for their own fun only.

There were 55 ploughing rigs and loads of static tractors and lorries and cars which I never managed to get pictures of..since well I had grass to cut and folk to speak to :-[:-[

There were 409 entries in the program and is all for charity. This year the main charity is the British Heart Foundation.

The weather was excellent both days and well I could be doing with tomorrow to wind down but busy at work just now so can't really afford to take a day's holiday >:( >:(

Not sure what was in the two Leyland's but I sure "leylandboy" on here could find out via his uncle Graham Hill

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers bill for taking the time to take them pictures mate they are fantastic

Well I'm glad you liked them Steve. Another lot from today loading onto PB but not as much as yesterday.Today after finishing cutting grass before lunchtime I was touring with Cub getting photos but there were more people there than Saturday and well I got distracted and stopped to have a blether :-[:-[

I had a skim through the tent, was getting a tad tired and hungry with all the hiking. The tent seemed to be smaller this year than last.

Theres a high chance you saw me. A small person wearing black jacket with orange and white stripes armed with a mobile phone and a video camera :P::) come to think of it, I'll have a look through the footage and see if i've picked you without noticing. ;D

I noticed there was paint balling which nobody mentioned

I can't say I noticed you. The official video man is Ian Wood and there will be DVD's for sale of the show via via or BA stores in due course.

Would you like to upload your videos taken via photobucket or the likes. I'm sure it would be appreciated by some members including myself on here ??? ???

Yes the model tent was smaller but it was fill with another three exhibitors on the Sunday.

Yes it is a big site to walk about on if you don't use the tractor and people carrier trailers. I just use my tractor to weave in and out between the crowds ;) ;)

Yes some of the family doing that were parked up next to me over the weekend. Another new addition to the show,

This show has something for everone really

Nice pictures Bill  :)

thanks for sharing.

Sadly I couldn't make it this time, Had some jobs to do yesterday and was at my sons music school fun day in Ellon today, he plays drums and was first on  :) .

I will be at the next one tho  ;)

Nice pictures Bill  :)

thanks for sharing.

Sadly I couldn't make it this time, Had some jobs to do yesterday and was at my sons music school fun day in Ellon today, he plays drums and was first on  :) .

I will be at the next one tho  ;)

Best show yet in terms of exhibits and weather Brian. Oh and bring the IH 634 as well .....you could try a pirate pull

Only two mowers at the event me and Raymond  Ewen with his "smelly" 135 but he did have an IH mower so I could work aside him. ;) ;) He has a 6 foor mower and I have a five foot one and our tractor numbers matched our ages...well for Raymond and I'm still wishing ;) ;)

16052010008.jpg

16052010009.jpg

16052010010.jpg

Now a little shake rattle and roll video ;D ;D

th_16052010036.jpg

Another 3 or 4 model exhibitors arrived on Sunday.

16052010015.jpg

16052010016.jpg

16052010017.jpg

Next a MG 5 with Ransomes TS42 plough

16052010018.jpg

16052010019.jpg

Must take some comparison photos to see teh difference between this TS42 and my TS42 A

16052010020.jpg

The Clydesdale horses were back but playing up since well as the ploughman said they were not being worked enough.

16052010022.jpg

Another new feature a chap with a Massey was giving driving tuition to the "townies" over 13 years old who wanted a go. I must admit he had a very well kept tractor and even the wheel rims looked as if they had been polished ;D ;D

16052010023.jpg

16052010024.jpg

16052010025.jpg

Over to the 80 and over 80 HP tractors.

16052010026.jpg

Now one of the nicest big beasts at the show must have been Charlie Gray's county with his push pull set up/ A total of 8 furrows with 3 on the front and 5 on the rear.

The front plough came form the ex Patty Kemp set up which was broken up "well not physically" and sold separately and the tractor is reputed to have found its way to Ireland.

16052010027.jpg

16052010028.jpg

16052010029.jpg

16052010030.jpg

You could also try some off roading

16052010031.jpg

Two more steamers arrived for the Sunday.

Mike Drellans steam wagon and the Scotts from Elgin with Rob Roy

16052010032.jpg

16052010033.jpg

Well that's it from me from The BA 2010 event. i hope you have enjoyed it I certainly did. Weather wise it was an amazing warm and sunny and dry weekend and public numbers were high.

For attending each entrant received a certificate of attendance and a plate

16052010034.jpg

16052010035.jpg

Yes there were quite a few nicely restored one's Colm. There were also a lot of nucely restored ones in the statics but sadly I never got any photo's since it is a big show spread over a lot of acres of land.

There certainly looks to be a lot more different activities at this event to what you normally see Bill. Thanks for sharing the pictures  :)

What motor is fitted to the leyland doing the pulling ? and will the backend take it  :laugh:

i was speaking to Stuart and Kenny yesterday. They were both at the event as well Stuart with his Foden timber tractor and Kenny with his Seddon Atki. They thought the Leyland without the bonnet had a Cummings fitted to it and the one with the bonnet had a Volvo engine.

Alex Steel's Fordson major had a Garner.

Here it was a Balado Kinross the week before

th_09052010146.jpg

Great show you had there. Some very nice oldies you catch with your camera.

Nice to see the children playing with the digger.

Texas

Thanks Bas. The one in the white top is Lewis my friend Stuart's son. He's coming up for 9 and had a go on a JCB rear actor with his dad a year or so ago. He picked up and worked that mini one remarkably quickly. I'm sure he will be trying to get his dad to buy him one now ;) ;)

What an amazing looking event with some fantastic looking tractors including your own Bill, great variety of all sizes and horsepower. Absolutely gutted to have been stuck disillusioned at work for the weekend. Definitely going to have to make the effort to attend this working day next year. :)

Well thanks David. A lot of people are saying this is one of the best shows in Scotland. It grows ever year and always some new added attractions. I sure you would have enjoyed it I certainly did. The added bonus was the sunny and rain free weekend although one of the committee members Robbie aka ROB 7810 on here said they were soaked to the skin when taking down the fencing later on on the Sunday evening.

I would suspect it will be the same week in May again next year but I'll let you know as soon as I can.

• 2 weeks later...

It a great show Andrew and I'm sure you would enjoy it.

Well I'm taking my restored Cub to the Angus Show at Brechin next Saturday but nothing planned as yet for the Sunday which I think is the day of the Corston Mill rally.

Done a google and multimap and well its only 83 miles from home so I may well come down weather permitting. Just means I'm back down the same road for a second day. Had I been organised I should have booked the tractor into the show and booked a travel lodge to stop over on the Saturday night. Another year for that perhaps.

Anyway I'll PM you near the time to let you know whether I'm coming or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Well thanks David. A lot of people are saying this is one of the best shows in Scotland. It grows ever year and always some new added attractions. I sure you would have enjoyed it I certainly did. The added bonus was the sunny and rain free weekend although one of the committee members Robbie aka ROB 7810 on here said they were soaked to the skin when taking down the fencing later on on the Sunday evening.

I would suspect it will be the same week in May again next year but I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Thanks Bill,It certainly looks like an amazing working event going by your photographs, i'll definitely have to put some time aside next year and make the journey north. :)