MF window shopping

Rick

I thought I would go look for some little beast and here is what I found with the actual price in pounds.....

abc-205.jpg

3000 pounds a nice little 205

abc230.jpg

3900 pounds sharp looking 230

abc235.jpg

4000 pounds a 235

abc240s.jpg

5800 pounds a 240 my favorite....

abc250.jpg

4800 pounds a 250

That was fun may do that again if this thread pips any interest....beyond Marky and Sean who would fall in love with Red and Gray dog poo :of

Hi Rick

Those are some nice little Massey's and some that Ive never seen. Our area is not a strong Massey one I turned down buying a petrol 135 (Gas  ;) ) with a blown steering box the other day guy wanted $1200 for it . didn't have time to fix it as my 1135 is still all over the floor in the workshop shop with tranny problems ( No Marky I have not forgoten your pictures of it ;) ).

He sold it to another of us fruit loop English men up the road for ploughing :) .

Thanks for posting these

Regards Robert

Forgert those smelly red things Rick and go get me some photos of that blue rig in the background  ;) ;)

What is it a Mack or peterbuilt or what ??? ???

Anyway if its a tractor you want why not go for an International Cub...I mean made in USA ;) ;)

Forgert those smelly red things Rick and go get me some photos of that blue rig in the background  ;) ;)

What is it a Mack or peterbuilt or what ??? ???

Anyway if its a tractor you want why not go for an International Cub...I mean made in USA ;) ;)

billkenworthw900.jpg

maybe a kenworth this is 1/32 scale

or freightliner 1/32 scale  not sure which one...could be IH...

billfreightlinexl.jpg

Blimey.... the 205 is way over priced pops... but I'll take the first 230 I think please... can you post it to me  :P:-*

I'm not so sure that the 240S was made in Turkey at the Uzel factory ???

So... Pops... are you treating yourself then buddy ??? .... or your favourite Lime Juicer across the great pond  ;D:-*:-*

Prices are about the same Pops... if not slightly less... although we have a following for the earlier 135's more than the 240's really..

We never had the 205 range.... or the 235... the 240S over here was simply called the 240... very similar machine... exact same I'd guess... we had to have cabs on ours to meet noise and safety regs though...

Prices are about the same Pops... if not slightly less... although we have a following for the earlier 135's more than the 240's really..

We never had the 205 range.... or the 235... the 240S over here was simply called the 240... very similar machine... exact same I'd guess... we had to have cabs on ours to meet noise and safety regs though...

is that reg for cabs on all tractors or for a specific horsepower???

Pretty much all of them with only a few 'special exceptions' Pops I believe... I am no expert on them... but I think compact and sub compact are exempt... but any 'tractors' in the true sense of the word (not sure what the legal descriptor is mind you).. must have a cab on offering sound insulation down to 90db (that's a guess).. and full rollover protection.

The exemptions would be tractors used in areas of restricted height... such as cow sheds or orchards etc.

We had an MF 230 over here, which was an un-cabbed version of the 240... MF had to restrict the engine revs to just 1500 rpm and send the exhaust forward (to the front of the machine) to meet regulations.  The result was a lovely tractor, but it was a slow as Ben getting to the bar on the road due to it's lack of revs  :-\

I do have all this data somewhere... I'll look it out sometime and revise this with the correct facts and figures  :-[

This is our 230 Pops.....

Not that it still has to have a fold down roll over hoop... and you can just see the silver painted front exiting exhaust on the picture to the left of the machine (viewed from the drivers seat)

MF230_Page_1.jpg

and the same machine with a (cabcraft) cab... same as Mavis..

MF2401_Page_1.jpg

trouble with the 230 exhaust was you were breathing the exhaust fumes & most have had upright pipes fitted to them , it was an awfull tractor to scrape cubicles out with , every time you hit the throttle you had a mouth & nose full of diesel fumes  >:(