2nd trip out window shopping for a Massey

Rick

Yeah I do like the look of that 40E would look even better with a cab. The 50 looks as if its been very well restored, surely that was not under £3000 was it? Is the 40 a three or four cylinder?

looks a bit cold just for a ROPS bar!

Yeah I do like the look of that 40E would look even better with a cab. The 50 looks as if its been very well restored, surely that was not under £3000 was it? Is the 40 a three or four cylinder?

right the 50 was 3800 pounds  so a bit over my approx number

Some interesting models there Popsy poo poo... The 40E has been restored in the wrong coloured clothes I reckon... I've never seen a 'hard nosed' MF in ag colours before now.. could be wrong mind you.. and I usually am....

I've taken the liberty of uploading a brochure for the UK spec 40E model.. and it's cousins as you will see...

As for me... I'd take the little MF25 please... not a very capable tractor... but a great road run machine none-the-less and rare over here in the UK... they made the 25 (825) in Beauvais France in the 60's and very few evr made it over here sadly.. the is one at the Coldridge collection in Devon which I go and dribble over once a year though  ;D:-[:-*

Anyway.. back to the 40E...

MFHighwayTractors_Page_1.jpg

MFHighwayTractors_Page_2.jpg

MFHighwayTractors_Page_3.jpg

MFHighwayTractors_Page_4.jpg

I looked for other 40s and they are all yellow so Marky may be right about the color change and the 30e is also yellow...interesting to note seen 3 different 40s.

40  40B and 40E  not sure what the diff is....?

What is the difference between a 30E and 40E Mark?

Not a clue COlm.. I'm not up on these later model industrials... but I'll find out.. I think the 30E was just a previous model mate  :-\ :-[

Same for you Pops... I'll do some industrial 'swatting up' I think