John Deere prototype snapped

Manor Farm

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

indeed Ricky, its not brand bashing its indicative of all makes now sadly, they do not have a look anymore, a unique design feature  that smacks of jd or mf the min you see it

Are you having a laugh?!  ::)??? New Holland look nothing like Massey as do Deutz share no resemblence to McCormick who differ hugely from Fendt . . ...  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

the grill is horrible and im not a fan of 4 post cabs and the big doors that go with still prefer the wide opening small door i think they should offer two cabs one as an option

That is an option on the current 30 series......

slightly off topic here but, i drive jds most days i currently hire a 6810 and drive a 6920 mainly, i jumped in the 8420 to move it last night and i couldnt help but notice how long skiny and ugly there bonnets are from the cab, realy dont like them now, if i was buying in that HP area id be looking fendt or valtra, point of this story, the operator has to like the view from the top to be happy and do a nice job, other wise they are distracted

after looking at the grill a little closer it looks like there are spaces cut for 2 lamps but they just havent been fitted it looks like there is even a rubber surround but maybe they werent ready so they just fitted the one light so it would be legal on the road and fair play to them on the lights front and mounted nice and high up but a set under the steps might be an idea i like the bonnet though for some reason but the grill and the vents just dont match up though ones rounded and then the grill is kind of square and they dont fit together i think  :-\

The bonnet is narrow or skinny if you like to give good visibility for the operator. A tractor is a working tool, not a fashion accessory.

Maybe but there are plenty of farmers take into account looks, possibly without realising it. SG2 cab on the older Deeres being a typical example.

Alot of farmers dont like Unimogs because they dont look like tractors even though they can do the job aswell as any tractor.

when JD marketed the Renaults alot of farmers wouldnt have one purely on looks, i was working on one such farm.

A farm i did some work on test tractors for CNH, prior to that Ford the tractor driver there said  Ford made a 6cyl tractor best tractor he had ever tested

But it never went into production because of looks.

The bonnet is narrow or skinny if you like to give good visibility for the operator. A tractor is a working tool, not a fashion accessory.

I know its a "Row crop" bonnet but why can other makers have thje same hp under a bonnet half the legnth and can still see the same? a narrow long bonnet is horrid for silage stacking,

I know its a "Row crop" bonnet but why can other makers have thje samehp under a bonnet half the legnth and can still see the same? a narrowlong bonnet is horrid for silage stacking,

Yes but the Deere is built for the row crop work in the mid west, they don't think too much about a few people packing silage with one.

its a prototype so i doubt very much that it will end up like this , its just been covered up to test the back end and engine i presume , and for looks at the day of the day you dont go out and buy a tractor because it looks "pretty in green" do you ? you buy it for its practical abilty ,power , comfort etc  ::)

I'd go along with that as well Rich.

I'd rather drive a 7810 myself.

dont like it cause its green plus looks like the front axle is about to end up in the cab then they will have to make it all wheel steer 

only JDs i like are the track versions 

I think it looks quite cool, and if you actually look closely at the photograph you'll see that the bonnet has had black paint / vinyl applied to it in the profile of the current 30 series vent grilles... you can see that the shape of the vent grilles differs greatly from the first glance impression you get of an oddly styled 30 series... The front grille sweeps down from a point at the top.... Lots of comments similar to those made about Chris Bangle's styling of the BMW range a few years ago, but time has proved that to keep at the top of your game you have to be progressive, lightly warming over your existing products will very quickly lead to you getting left behind.... [Audi?] So, I reckon all the nay saying Deere fans will soon change their tune when it finally hits a field near you and you'll all be falling over yourself to drive one... [Not me though, Basildon through and through  ;)  :) ]

Why not?

Well Jez you have seen Pat Murphys gear from Cork.Now theres a man down the road with two claas 890s two krone big ms and a fleet of case john deere and one new holland and to tell you the truth he his t6080 is out performing his 6930 and i presume hes going to buy more new hollands.not saying he wont stop buying john deeres just saying that over time i  can see him with more blue machines than green machines

I can't believe that all you people who are judging this tractor are judging it upon one pic??

That tractor in the pic could be the best tractor in the world or the complete opposite.. Who knows from a pic?

We'll all just have to wait and see when/If they appear  ;)

I can't believe that all you people who are judging this tractor are judging it upon one picture??

That tractor in the picture could be the best tractor in the world or the complete opposite.. Who knows from a picture?

We'll all just have to wait and see when/If they appear  ;)

at last the voice of reason.. I too am reading this with a face like this  :of  .. I cannot believe that we've dismissed it as no good already  :D :D :D

Prototypes of any kind, by their very nature radical in their design.. new.. innovative and SHOULD look different.. I've lost count of the times I viewed a new car or tractor and initially though... ergh yuck.... like all new shapes (if this is indeed even that)... they will grow on you and soon become the 'latest look' ... when I first viewed a Tier III MF bonnet I thought I liked the older TierII one best... look at it now... 'very dated'

As for reliability... I would imagine with all the (literally) Millions of pounds that are going in to develop this machine it will be a winner