Breaking down ploughed ground in front of a 1 pass drill information please?

MODELFARMER

Spaldings here we come . . . .

Don't suppose the part number is still visable on em?  ;D

aye they will be as we just put 2 new end tines on her this year, will look this weekend for ya or is that to late  ;D ;D

sure theres nothing wrong with them rollers treat them well and they will work well just like anything, how can you break the rollers with these anyways ???  suppose the worst it can do is wear them but over time as this rollers only see 500 acre a year say

wonder if i bought a worn out powerharrow and jus didn't put the shaft on?  ;D

Most farms used to have power harrows without the power.  They were called a straight tooth/zig-zag harrow  ;)  ;D

Most folk have (misguidedly in my opinion) sent them for scrap.

bit over kill surley. and i think rickys 69 may be puffing a black reek that day  ;D ;D

Maybe but a far better job than scrapers on a ring roller.

A man near me has one and it is a superb piece of kit but ££££'s.

A second hand 3.3 meter one possibly not on DD rings wouldn't cost a bomb, and you could pull it with 100hp in 4wd, may take several times to go over, but getting deeper each time?

We used to use the toptilth which is basically a more complex item like your talking about as its a leveling bar, tines, packer, tines, packer and it doesn't do as good job.

RE: The suggestion of a Toptilth, one of the chaps I help out with has a 3m mounted one which he bagged for £500. Doesn't look the prettiest but has good metal on it, would actually make a nice project with a sand  blaster and a spray gun but truth be known, it works and it works very well so that's all that matters. Another chap I help out with has a trailed one, possibly 4m non folding which he pulls with a 6900. He paid under £1500 at a farm sale for that one and it's flipping tidy. A lot of the buyers were from big farms and this was too small for them. It maid for an excellent buy for his 400 acres.

http://farmingforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=23135&highlight=simba+top+tilth

Add taken from here

http://www.farmersguide.co.uk/adview.php?cat_id=57

Simba Toptilth 4m rigid, wheels over back type, good working order, c/w spares. £1,250. G Ellwood. Tel:  (Cambridgeshire).

These would be your best options, however, a neighbor pulls his 5.5m cultipress with a quadtrac and although it pulls at a decent speed it fairly grunts when he puts it in deep, and that's well over 350hp so it all depends on how deep you wish to set your tines.