Proposed FTF Farm Tour - South/South West

Deere-est

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you know the farmer who owns the property well I am afraid you are unlikely to be allowed on. We have people round during the summer whom we know for bbq's and loads always come because they want to drive tractors etc, but unless you know the people most farmers are weary of letting you on especially with disease precautions on livestock farms.

Could i suggest that the best way forward is to look here first

http://www.farmsunday.org/ofs/home.eb

I know that some of the farms around do this on a Sunday every so often and loads of people go. I know you will get the glossed over tour with this but this is the best way to possibly meet a farmer and get chatting to ask if you can go at another point? I know i always find it fun to go and see people and have a go on machines they have that we don't i.e quadtrac's and foraging equipment.

ot meaning to be negative but the open farm may also give people in other areas a chance to go look?

Regards

Rob

I think any decent, well run farm would be quite flattered to be asked for a wee tour for a small number of people, especially if the farmer knew some of the organisers.  :)

If your compass is 180 degrees wrong, you're all welcome up here in the North East.  ;D

Is that LFP Nick?

Hi andy he works for a chap called Chris Ely its a stones throw from the exhibition centre dont know if you have ever seen any of his lorries kicking around and theres another big one on the way down to skegness clements produce

• 1 month later...

taunton one sounds good tris, cant make the dates for the other co-op one you have mentioned mind mate, thanks for taking the time to do this for us to

come on lads and lasses , express an intrest if you can , for both the ones tris has sorted to

cracking idea... I'll see what I can come up with at my ends then too  :-\

should be great then ;D ;D ;D ;D !, need any help??

we have loads of the big producers out Wicken way?, i'm sure they owe you a favour!  ;D , and the one on the A10??. I guess some may be put off though with health and safety issues though?

Does anyone know if they had the farm open days again this year like they did last year all over the country?

should be great then ;D ;D ;D ;D !, need any help??

we have loads of the big producers out Wicken way?, i'm sure they owe you a favour!  ;D , and the one on the A10??. I guess some may be put off though with health and safety issues though?

Does anyone know if they had the farm open days again this year like they did last year all over the country?

Open farm sunday is june 13th i think i read somewhere :-\

• 4 months later...