as i was passing

tractortim

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the MF chopper really unreliable?

i don't think unreliable just not suited to uk conditions was designed for dry silage not wet 1st cut it still chops with a drum then gets tranposted across the machince by auger then blown up spout by flywheel think also power hungry!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Great pictures Uncle Tim... I'm sorry to hear about your 590 mate... pretty rare breakdown as well by the sounds of things  :of

Now then.... have you had any of thge new 5400's in yet ??? ... I'm desperate to see a 5450 in the flesh  :P

not heard about any ariving yet i know the salesmen went up to see them the other day and did take photos but i haven't seen one yet! with the tractor yeah its a bit of the syncro for 3rd gear that has come adrift and lodged its self in the box maybe a new 2nd hand box hopefully will get it apart this week for a proper look got  a few other faults too hyds for loader are slow! and cluth will be changed as a matter of course whilst doing the gearbox!

Big money repairs there Tim..... but worth it on a lady in as good condition as yours mate I reckon.

I'm not usually the competitive type... but I hope I see one before you do now  :P :P :-[:D :D

What gearbox is in your 590 mate... is she a synchro 12 then ???

apparently yes but not a straight swap if it was multi power then it would be a straight swap what sways it is that i know for a 12sp box but really we need to look into the old box first just to make sure that it can't be repaired 1st going to look at a breaker in a minute has not been used for a long time as was rolled years ago :of think i heard mid 80's so hopefully gearbox will be sweet as a nut ;)