Thanks for all the comments - UH did the hard work.

My god... that is simply superb John.... You've even fitted a road operated autohitch I see  :of

My attempt at... :)

was the skid based on a uh 135 at all or did u cut the 590 right down im

It is a 135 skid with 590 bits.

Mother of god!! John that is incredible, not a splodge of glue or thumb print in sight. She is a corker..... she'll be wanting a haybob on the back I reckon.  8) 8)

Photoshop.  ;D ;D Haybob? too complex.  :D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haybob? too complex.  :D

John, complex is what you do best  ;)

tris i'll translate john talk for you

haybob        = bugger looks like i've been rumbled

too complex. = ha ! one more gear to cut before i post pics of this 'fully working in every detail' implement

& if he denies it & makes fun of the translation , you know it's only a matter of time before he actually attempts it  ;) 

Looks brilliant , You inspire my to do the same !  ;) 

Thank you, Jan. ;)

As for the rest of you....

And for your next trick Mr Cranberry....

...has to do the haybob for the back of that now, no doubt about it, jump to mr cranston

20D Mr F? don't know about that - looks a bit yucky.  :D

There is a possibility a haybob could be made at some stage.  ;D (Translate that, Marcus  :D)

There is a possibility a haybob could be made at some stage.  ;D (Translate that, Marcus  :D )

There is a possibility a haybob could be made at some stage. = i'm going outside, i maybe sometime ..........

*grumbles under his breath , blimey i cant go turning out masterpeices on demand you know i'm a busy man*  >:(::);D 

• 2 weeks later...

Im loving this conversion. Its a great job, well done.

Im also liking the MF20D sales leaflet, I like the highway models MF made and I was after building something like this for myself with an MF loader or rear PTO mounted compressor.

Can anyone tell me if the MF20D and the MF550 have the same Perkins A3.152 motor (I'm not sure it was this 47hp variant), and are they actually the same tractor?

Phwoarr! Now we are talking. Did MF buy the compressor unit on this model off the shelf or was it a full custom mounted unit made by another company (Atlas, Ingersoll, Broom & Wade)? I always remember playing around (read: pretending to drive) on a larger one of these when I was a kid and it had an Ingersoll Rand three stage unit with a huge air receiver.

Where these also offered with the option of an MF loader?

I suspect they were made by Hydrovane.... I know they certainly made the earlier ones.  I suspect it would have been a pretty standard piece of kit really with just the physical mounts being the only customer part.

They certainly were offered with a loader... they branded some of the models tractaire I believe  :-\  ... It looks like this picture has it mounted on an MF20 (guessing by the size of the wheels and the fact that it's a sirocco rigid clad cab)

MF20_Page_1-2.jpg

thinking about it mark , maybe the one i saw at ron greets was originally fitted with a rigid clad ? after all it's the same frame . just because it had a flexi cab roof , doesn't mean it's original

thinking about it mark , maybe the one i saw at ron greets was originally fitted with a rigid clad ? after all it's the same frame . just because it had a flexi cab roof , doesn't mean it's original

very true mate.... I guess the roof was white then mate ???