Project JD7810

Got the 8400 and Wiking stripped down, parcelled it all up and then moved house.  So much stuff everywhere.  Took AOL 12 days to click Broadband on..... :'(  to$$3rs

anyway.  up and running now.

This is a project for my cabinet.  Wanted to do it for about 3 years now.

Bit of a cut and shut going on.  Wheelbase shown is correct, 88mm for a 7810, which means I need to lengthen the 6930 chassis by 4mm. 

Obviously there are a few things not right, like the front mudguards, but Im playing with the running chassis at the mo.

post-124-132639288339_thumb.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

steady Tris.  I hope so.  So much work in it though, might have to get a few runs done so I can have a variance of each model in my cabinet.

Thought I'd better crack on before one of the ever growing list of 1/32 mass market companies does a corker for £30.

Alot of it it not so much the look of the model at the end, its the headaches and problem solving along the way :)

working with  lots of pics and the brochure.  I've chopped the engine out of the 8400, because all of the detail is perfect.  Jez might be able to say, but I seem to think its the same engine..!?

working with  lots of pictures and the brochure.  I've chopped the engine out of the 8400, because all of the detail is perfect.  Jez might be able to say, but I seem to think its the same engine..!?

its even the same colour of paint you know

• 1 month later...

using an mtx rear mudguards for extensions for european spec.  Not finished article, first lot of weld goo (technical term), going to sort out the rear lights and reshape the whole backend once they have set in position properly.

once thats all done, need to do the side extensions in black.

post-124-132639320293_thumb.jpg

post-124-132639320302_thumb.jpg