Cheffins Vintage Auction - 24th April 2010

Andy

I had a lovely morning walking round the Cheffins sale today. Was extremely busy as usual with some excellent models on display. I will post the full topic later on (once everything has been resized!) but here are a few previews  :)

post-2-132639289193_thumb.jpg

post-2-132639289207_thumb.jpg

Not guilty... had a bad attack of 'CBA' today... sadly didn't make it to the sale  :-[

Cottenham road run tomorrow... so I've spent the afternoon on Mavis... cleaned her up.. gave her some polish... cleaned her windows.. fitted new headlights... greased her all over and even cleaned her cab rubbers  :-*

'Perkins' powered?

I may be wrong, but I am fairly sure that the 1184 had a Ford engine. A small number were produced (prior to Benson's ownership) for certain export markets with a Perkins engine (mainly South Africa), but they were designated 1164.  Bensons only made a handful in red right at the end (after production moved to Knighton).

Looking forward to the rest of the pics Andy.  Hope you got some of the two yellow machines of relevence to we Britains collectors  ;)

whats the story with the red countys then??? were they sold to a contractor or just to comemorate something?? have never seen much about them before

as for dave p doing one, oh yes, maybe the ftf precision for this year??

they were bensons corparate colours sean 

whats the story with the red countys then??? were they sold to a contractor or just to comemorate something?? have never seen much about them before

as for dave p doing one, oh yes, maybe the ftf precision for this year??

Bensons assembled about 150 tractors after moving production to Knighton, most of which were finished in the usual County/Ford Tractor Blue.  Only a very few were finished in Bensons red colour scheme right at the end of production.

I'd agree with the FTF model suggestion.

well the 40 series was not sold at £56000

most of the marshals returned to the seller as well.

will list some more when i find the catalogue

By the way the auctioneer was pushing very hard at the bidding, I got the impression that a lot of the tractors were struggling to reach their reserve.