Heres a challange to the silage boys this summer.

Light Land

Frist dibs in the invisable prize bag to anyone who posts a picture of a non tractor and trailer drawing silage.There must be at least 1 truck and trailer drawing silage next to a chopper working in the UK. :-\

(frist prize is a silage pit tyre full of dirty water)

post-628-132639293719_thumb.jpg

post-628-132639293921_thumb.jpg

Frist dibs in the invisable prize bag to anyone who posts a picture of a non tractor and trailer drawing silage.There must be at least 1 truck and trailer drawing silage next to a chopper working in the UK. :-\

(frist prize is a silage pit tyre full of dirty water)

don't be surprised if you don't get any takers for this one Ol, i personally have never seen trucks draw silage away, know a few have tried with cereals , not a great success, unlikely the roads / gateways in the dairy areas would accomadate trucks for field access, blimey bad enough getting them into the bl00dy yards half the time . besides you have big open heaps for your silage, many of our farms have either sheds or clamps that are usually tucked away in a yard

20 or so years ago there was a chap in South Warwickshire way had an ex-army lorry with a JF forager mounted at the front and tipper body with silage sides on rear chassis, an unusual set up but did the job he wanted it to do.

I would imagine using a lorry for hauling silage would be too expensive in the UK.

So gutted I didn't get on a truck for maize. You guys over there do it how it should be done and the yanks too. No farting around with acres.... fold away weighbridge, harvested by the tonne. Nice pics, Ol. Shall I put a couple up I got of Austins lot?

closest i have seen a truck in fields is main grain harvest, tuckwells would regulary take the artics onto fields in suffolk / norfolk way on land they contract farmed or owned to take the stuff direct to the store, usally had 2 or 3 combines for each field, but dont really see that now either, certainly as marcus said down this way, no room for a 16 ton trailer let along a wagon

• 2 months later...