sparrow legs jd 3040 2wd

dear-est, the tractor is an exact copy of my real life tractor, which i use for contracting, mainly attached to a bomford supertrim 470 hedgecutter, hence the twin beacons for road work, cb ariel to keep intouch with the other two cutters and radio ariel to pass the long hours. you may say it looks clutterd but it looks well in real life!

old ford, the rear wheels are off a britains mf 6290, they match the real ones off my tractor as near as humanly possible.

farmer doc, you need an eye test, its an ertle jd 3350 with a britains 4020? front axle, modified wings/cab/paint job, not a case like you guessed.

the tractor was made to my design by a freind of DT who takes work commisons on, copyed from photos of my real tractor.

dear-est, the tractor is an exact copy of my real life tractor, which i use for contracting, mainly attached to a bomford supertrim 470 hedgecutter, hence the twin beacons for road work, cb ariel to keep intouch with the other two cutters and radio ariel to pass the long hours. you may say it looks clutterd but it looks well in real life!

old ford, the rear wheels are off a britains mf 6290, they match the real ones off my tractor as near as humanly possible.

farmer doc, you need an eye test, its an ertle jd 3350 with a britains 4020? front axle, modified wings/cab/paint job, not a case like you guessed.

the tractor was made to my design by a freind of DT who takes work commisons on, copyed from photos of my real tractor.

Sparrow legs, you need to read the posts and follow through..... I was having a guess at where the wheels came from on the back.  ;) I know what a case looks like, and a 4020 front axle.  ::)

my mistake DOC, sorry, i thought a man of your knowledge would have known (as you did), that is why i commented on your remark, no offence intended. sparrow legs

No worries sparrowlegs, if I'd been offended I would have jumped out of your monitor screen and headbutted you!!  :D :D :D :D :D;)

doc, not that easy, i managed to get one 6months ago through a jd dealer(old stock with baler on) for ?18. i have 2 original and the convertion, have seen3140s on ebay (same casting ect) but not prepared to sell unless a very good offer given for one. would atempt to do another one myself at some point as getting more confident at converting.

No worries Sparrowlegs, only a personal view on the roof. Not saying it looks unrealistic by any means. Nice to hear you have it on hedgetrimming, perfect tractor for it. Those old JD's did have their advantages with the linkage right under the seat, definately for trimmin anyway as it brought the flail head up level with the driver almost. Much better for your neck!!