Carrington Rally 2010

Andy

Looks as though it could be a good show Andy and I look forward to the photos. Oh and good luck with promoting Model Farmer....it will be interesting to see how it goes at a real steam and vintage rally versus the model shows.

Well back after two long days. Have lots of images to share once I sort through them all. Some great rare machines on show including a very fine collection of crawlers.

Quick preview of whats to come tomorrow :)

post-2-132639324562_thumb.jpg

post-2-132639324585_thumb.jpg

Although there are a lot of crawlers around Sean you don't tend to see many at shows because one of of the biggest problems is transportation. They are dogs to load and very dangerous if you have metal ramps or metal floor on the trailer. It is like driving on ice one quick tug on the side brake and you could be offski over the side. The other dangerous bit is when you reach the point of balance and she could go any way. What you need is heavy duty rubber eg quarry belting to run them up and onto. Believe you me I have had scary moments loading even with my little MG2 when I had treadplate covered skids before adding the rubber belting ::) ::)

Thought you might notice that Tris. Its a strange feeling when the bigger crawlers go past. The grunt of the Vickers and the ground shake is quite impressive!