Scratch Build- STEWART GX 16-21S Trailer

Thanks for doing that Tris.  Your right 30mm to small.

sometinh between 33 and 40 look like the best, so yes,Trellaborg.  Just need a Joal donor.  Anyone cast them ?

Cargo wheels.  4055power.  Your right with the sizes, I have a number of sets of these, but there effectively just super singles, need to be a bit beefier.

sometinh between 33 and 40 look like the best, so yes,Trellaborg.  Just need a Joal donor.  Anyone cast them ?

Cargo wheels.  4055power.  Your right with the sizes, I have a number of sets of these, but there effectively just super singles, need to be a bit beefier.

Cdmodelz does the joal trelles

Ian,

I have these and the quadrant wheels cast now for all my models.  I use the quadrant wheels for my 14t bailey trailers and they lot spot on.  Need to put an order in soon for them so if you want any send over a PM.

Cargo wheels i use only on the 10t and 12t trailers, just about right for super singles.

Dan

looking forward to seeing this progress!! a real tidy well made trailer in real life. the nokian tread wheels from cd modelz would be just the ticket for this project i think, i have a couple of sets here for when i get round to building myself a stewart silage trailer. what about decals ian, do you make those yourself?

Thanks for the comments and suggestions guys.  got some wheels coming from CDmodelz this week, fingers crossed.

I'll upload pics later of current progress. ;)  not much change, dont want to do too much until I see the chassis on axles and tread...

• 3 weeks later...

had a week away on holiday with the family, so not done much until today.  wheels arrived from cd modelz.  fab

modified the suspension beams from him to make slightly greater axle centres.  made the double acting rams for the back door too.  Not to many beers last night so had a steady hand for that

post-124-132639363736_thumb.jpg

post-124-132639363741_thumb.jpg

Are you going to build silage sides in the future or are you keeping it as it is??

nope.  will  make a new trailer, but of a different model I think.  Depends on which real trailers are near me.

Wow, Its looking good.

Great to see the step by step process. How long does it take you to sketch out the plans?

I went to local dealership where the trailer was parcked.  Armed with tape measure and camera, I sketched the trailer in about 1 - 1.1/2 hours.

I just put the sketches up on my notice board when im making the components and divide all of the real figures by 32 to get the right scale. :)

Wow, love the rear shot with the real one for comparison - hard to tell the difference except for the lack of paint and the cutting mat beneath the model version. Love the rear light details. Quality in a Lee Nelson style!  8):laugh:

Wow, love the rear shot with the real one for comparison - hard to tell the difference except for the lack of paint and the cutting mat beneath the model version. Love the rear light details. Quality in a Lee Nelson style!  8):laugh:

thanks tris.

I've changed to another set of wheels from cdmodelz, the other set where slightly too small on the OD, but these are spot on at 35mm dia

I went to local dealership where the trailer was parcked.  Armed with tape measure and camera, I sketched the trailer in about 1 - 1.1/2 hours.

I just put the sketches up on my notice board when im making the components and divide all of the real figures by 32 to get the right scale. :)

Okay now thats a great idea - very practical. Might steal the idea to help me with my second build. Hope ya dont mind.

Thanks for the tip  ;D

Looking swell Ian...only the paint shop now and finer details I take it ??? ???

I'm sure if Jim Stewart say that he would want you to make one for him.

Don't mind the Deeres but best matched with a blue for me ;) ;)

085072010012.jpg

085072010013.jpg