Anyone know much about weigh cells?

MODELFARMER

I want to put weight cells onto my round baler, as it is not built on a chassis as such eg like a feeder wagon, I wonder if it is possible to do simply?

The axle through the baler is simply bolted to the underside of the baler, would it be possible to unbolt, insert weigh cells, between axle and baler but what i need to know is will weigh cells take the forces in lateral directions?

For example only. . .Wheels of baler stuck it ground, If i pull baler forward will the cells rip apart or will they withstand the pressure? or does the axle need to be inside guides so the cells are only taking vertical pressure? ie weight acting on axle?

Also may need to put a 3rd cell on drawbar but might get away with 2 on axle as the bale chamber is directly over the axle.

Thoughts please

Far from it Sean, shorter straw would mean more in a bale so could therefore increase the weight, there's too many variables to do it that way.

I'd have thought that the weighcells wouldn't take the stick myself Ricky, for it to work I would imagine that the axle would need some mounting arms coming forward of them onto a pivot point so you can mount the weighcells to the top of the axle between it and the baler body, they aren't designed to be pulled from so mounting it like that would elliminate that problem

Far from it Sean, shorter straw would mean more in a bale so could therefore increase the weight, there's too many variables to do it that way.

I'd have thought that the weighcells wouldn't take the stick myself Ricky, for it to work I would imagine that the axle would need some mounting arms coming forward of them onto a pivot point so you can mount the weighcells to the top of the axle between it and the baler body, they aren't designed to be pulled from so mounting it like that would elliminate that problem

YAR pivot point couple of hours on the mig could have that all rigged up, now, i have to ponder if i need a 3rd cell or not, and how to mount it if i do need it, on level ground i won't but on hills i would hmmmm

Whos RDS archbarch?

weigh cells only act in 1 direction as they are in a S type or C type arrangment so work very well when a load is applied in the vertically to the free ends.  You wil get an unarrurate results if you try to load the cell in 2 directions as you create a twisting affect.  You will need to have the cells to a fixed chaasis so you are only straining the cell in 1 direction.  This might be why they have not been fitted to a round baler before

Dan