New Beef Shed

Deere-est

Thank you one and all :) :)

Nice to be building again and receiving such nice comments about what I am doing.

The barriers are a cross between some I saw on a big dairy barn with very few verticals and a normal one which has lots. This way it looks right and I can still get the cows heads through. Below the bottom rail will be timber.

As for our house, still plenty to do but I fancied a break and doing something else. . . . of course Traci agrees! :D :D

I don't know weather to add it to Leverets or start a new farm altogether, may just make ongoing changes.

As for hinges, they are just styrene strip made supple.

Thanks again :)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's brill Trissle, those beams must take some lifting though, and you ought to have some fall arrest on if you're working on top of that table....  ;)

How many of those tables did I give you? Do you want another? Big hugs...  :-*

Thank you gentlemen, oh and not forgetting Simon ::);)

Hope to have the rest of the 'steels' up and painted over the weekend. Plus the rest of the gates and a trough or two. Then paint the passage and start the concrete panels.

Two steel's up, one either end. Water trough, rails, midway gates and rear gates all up. Not entirely happy with the hinges so will re-do these, did a demo one today and it worked so going to re-do the rest. So tomorrows plan is to change the hinges on the remaining gates and I think, all being well spray it.  :)

post-227-132639431386_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639431399_thumb.jpg

Looking awesome mate!!

In the shed we used to have we had two hinge points so you could lift the gates up when the "manure" got high.....

Maybe an idea?

Keep up the great work buddy!!

8)

blimey you been busy mate , looking very very good although if i tried it i think the gates would be made from box not tube , that looks like far too much head scratching & cussing for my liking !

It would make a very good addition the the progress of leveretts mate.  maybe a track down across the fields to this newer build  :)

Thank you all, makes it so much more pleasing when things are appreciated by others :) :)  :)

I was hoping to spray it this evening but I'm ferrying grain from a Lexion!

Marcus, box profiling may well have suited the gates better in all honesty but I didn't have the right size to go with. I am still unsure as to make this the beefginings of a new farm or continue the original plan for Leverets to continue it's time line ???

Archived