The adventures of Marky and Penny... new to me on Sunday 15th August 2010

Lord Ferguson

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still a good battery Kev... although I've just invested in a trickle charger for her as it looses charge over a few months (I guess they all do that)...

I've alsdo been and bought the parafin today... wish me luck tonight in mixing up (well.. watching Mrs F mix up that is  :) )

I'm working on the basis of this...

4 gallons Parafin

1 gallon unleaded Petrol

1pt Red diesel

If you see a large puff of smoke and a mushroom cloud go up over Bar Hill you'll know I've got it wrong  :-[:D :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  oh cracked me up.....

rick wouldnt know what to do with her, for one the steering wheels in the middle, not on the left like hes used to, thats more than enough to get him confussed ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  and shes got no air con either

Hey....... :P pwwtthhh

I've been prepping Penny for her first road run today (which is on tomorrow)... and she sprung a bloody leak at the bottom of her radiator... never mind.. it appears to be 'radweldable' at the moment... but we'll need to keep an eye on her temperature tomorrow I guess.

I've fitted my new (old) period wheels which I think make her look spot on. I've also rigged up my new Ferguson crane which is simply superb I reckon.... more on that in another update later on  ;)

Here she is wearing her new wheels...

0154d263.jpg

Sneaky look at my new Ferguson C-UE21 crane...

43d784d6.jpg

and the two ladies in my life.... aside from my wife, daughter & mummy of course... oh... and not forgetting my mother-in-law

a4e80960.jpg

And did you have a great day today Mark?

I do hope so mate i never have bin part of a roadrally so don´t know how its like.

But today we drove in a convoy of 7 tractors to a tractorshow (didn´t take Sandy whit me because i live to far away from that show!

So i had to drive the MF 188 4wd that a friend of me has!

And did you have a great day today Mark?

I do hope so mate i never have bin part of a roadrally so don´t know how its like.

But today we drove in a convoy of 7 tractors to a tractorshow (didn´t take Sandy whit me because i live to far away from that show!

So i had to drive the MF 188 4wd that a friend of me has!

Nice one Johnny... 188 4wd... you lucky fella you  :P

As for me... I had a great day mate thanks... Penny drives like a dream.. she really is a lovely tractor... I have to confess that I drove both tractors throughout the course of the day... and I enjoyed my time on Penny much more than my run on Mavis  :-[:P .  She got a lot of admirers as well... someone even offered me tidy sum of money for her as well... although I respectfully declined their most generous offer  ;)

• 4 weeks later...

well... today I have been mostly.... rubbing down and spraying Penny  :of:-[

BUT... fear ye not...

Kev (the previous owner) had fitted a numberplate to the rear of Penny on the nuts on the back of the seat... which, although was handy, didn't allow the seat to tip up as MF had originally designed. So... I had a look on line and found a modern copy of the original numberplate bracket supplied by Lucas for the MF35... the only problem with this is that I'd have to drill holes in Penny's seat.

Image one.. Kev's numberplate removed.. it was mounted on the wingnuts you can see on the back of the seat..

DSC_1440.jpg

Image two.. I'd have to drill the back of the seat to mount this new bracket properly.

DSC_1441.jpg

Not even the wheels mate...

So.. I wrestled with this for some time and I came to the conclusion that I WILL NOT make any alterations to Penny unless I really really have to.

Her original registration number can be seen in it's true position here..

DSC_1435.jpg

After a good rub down, de-grease I gave the masked area 4 coats of Red Oxide primer followed by 3 coats of MF Dull Black...

DSC_1465.jpg

When the paint has had time to harden I'll stick on the white letters I've had made by a local signwriter.. watch this space

DSC_1450.jpg

Who is that guy that paints Penny's A**! >:(

Owh sorry mate it is you Mark sorry :P;)

So long as you don't say... who is the FAT BLOKE painting Penny's bum mate I don't mind  >:(:D :D :D:-*

;) Hope you didn't pay more than 6 quid for them Mark,that's what their going for on e-bay,

Regards

Joe.

£5 for 3 sets Joe.. and I've got another set coming from eBay as well... I forgot we had a signwriter in the village... darn nice chap he is too

phew you had me worried then mate, and why not have the sign writer paint the reg on?? thats how the origonal would have been isnt it mate???

I'll see how the letters look mate... but you could be correct I think

oh dear, now you've started you'll end up respraying the whole tractor! :laugh: i'm sure your back ground as a graffiti artist will make for a very good job! don't put the letters on wonky!

Oh no no no... that's it for paint... just wanted to make her (almost) road legal (suspect you need REAL plates these days to remain compliant)

I had never noticed the number there! :-[

It will look good when it is finished.

I am not sure on the legality of it, but as it is a vintage tractor and that was how it was originally I can't see a problem. (unlikely to hamper ANPR cameras!) ;D